• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Orlando Academy Cay Club Condo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Seuss

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Does anyone have any direct experience in this condo conversion "resort" just off of Oakridge that they would like to share? I am preparing research for a review where the original comps utilized were from Celebration and Reunion? Am I missing something here? :huh:

I am going to go explore the project tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any additional insight?

PS

I found the lawsuits against Cay Clubs and other project tidbits by Googling.

Alison Swain

Professional Status
State
Florida
Does anyone have any direct experience in this condo conversion "resort" just off of Oakridge that they would like to share? I am preparing research for a review where the original comps utilized were from Celebration and Reunion? Am I missing something here? :huh:

Oakridge???? Compared to Celebration and Reunion????

I hope we're talking about the far west end of Oakridge! :huh:

Even still........... :Eyecrazy:

Lax1

Professional Status
State
Florida
If what you say is true, why would that appraiser even be allowed to appraise anything in this state or any other for that matter? Wow, they are taking work away from me and producing what amounts to garbage!!!

Lax1

Professional Status
State
Florida
Looks like they must have been targeting west coast buyers, CA, CO, UT. And I love the 2 pending sales for 2BD/2BA with 1062 sf @$450,000 a unit at 5 days on the market, in TODAY'S market.......... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
In other words, mortgage fraud rings are alive and well in Central Florida.

Professional Status
State
Florida
Is this 'Cay Club' associated with all the other Cay clubs in S FL? $400k to live in across from Bonnie Brook and Kingsbridge.

Hope you put this one on MFWL.org and turn the report into the state.

Dr Seuss

Professional Status
State
Florida
Wow...went to actually look at the project today. The elite security officer waved me around a car parked at the gate (apparently a friend that was showing her some X-Mas gifts?). Now that I had broken through the "top of the line manned" security gauntlet, I could not locate the "state of the art, soccer, golf, tennis, and basketball facilities" that were mentioned in OAR? Maintenace person for community says they have not been constructed yet. :ohmy: Ooops.

Side Note: I did not realize that Englewood Golf Course was even still there? It appears to be an executive/practice course much like the Winter Park Pines course off Semoran. It will be difficult to explain to a non-golfer the actual difference between Reunion, Celebration, and Engle Golf without using terms like goat ranch, dog track, or clowns mouth? Yeesh!m2:

Dr Seuss

Professional Status
State
Florida
Deuce...yes, it is an affiliation with the Cay Clubs in S Florida , Key West, Vegas, and other locations. I am not sure how this membership actually impacts value and how much it actually costs to a prospective buyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks