• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

OSB for interior walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Couldn't find any HUD rules against it. I would think that they at least have to be painted. Opinions?

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
As I understand it, and have always practiced, HUD does not regulate finishes, as long as they do not affect the health or safety of the structure. Now marketability.........that is a whole 'nother story.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I guess some people like that "outhouse" look in their bathroom as this is the third one I have seen in a month.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I had one a few years ago like that. A Jim Walter house with owner "finished" interior. OSB all over every interior surface. There was nothing "wrong" with it, it was in good shape, unpainted as ugly as hell. Obviously no similar comps so estimated 25% functional obsolescence due to sheer ugliness; excuse me, "lack of market acceptance".

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
OSU,

I think unpainted interior surfaces are OK with FHA.

They don't want unpainted exterior surfaces exposed to the elements or, of course, pre '78 peeling paint inside or outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks