• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Out of State Experience

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I do think it stinks that this is one of the few professions I know where we are made to start over from scratch in a situation like this. I can see re-taking a test, maybe a few refresher courses, but that should be all, IMHO. This is the most unfriendly profession to the actual professionals I know of.
I like your entire post but quoted this part. My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and one of the early ones. Her degree is not offered anymore but allows for her certification (call it a designation if you want to make it similar to appraiser speak).

If she were to miss just one hour of CE she would lose her license in some states and would only be able to be an RN which would be a huge pay cut. She trains interns and residents, runs an ICU and is highly respected. All professions change requirements and that is not always the best thing for the profession.

If she missed a CE class it would take her two years to get back her NP license.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
My MAI mentor specialized in regional Social Security buildings and Walgreens properties. You have no idea how those properties sell and how they are valued. You are stalking again.
"You are stalking again."

Quit your whining and stop playing the victim card.... :cryingsmiley:

Anyone and everyone who posts enough comments on this website gets push back

Seems the Forum is full of ying/yangs....
ucb/mcg (plus your 2 mini mes)
flacco/hatch
grant/resguy (may he rest in peace)
dw & tim/almost everyone else

Push back is the norm....
Only lee, bnm and gobears get no push back....
Because the entire AF membership likes them....(y)(y)(y)

Don't think of me as your stalker....
Think of me as your beacon of light.... :peace:

EddieB

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
What happened to ResGuy???

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I would suspect that the easiest route would be to re-establish your license status in your prior state and hope that HI recognizes reciprocity. They may or may not.

Overimprovement

Professional Status
State
Kentucky
If she missed a CE class it would take her two years to get back her NP license.
That's just brutal.
OK, maybe appraisal profession is not THE most unfriendly. :)
You would think that professions that are struggling for professionals would lighten up on certain things. Seems like you can be really bad at what you do and all is well, so long as you stick to the gameplan.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
That's just brutal.
OK, maybe appraisal profession is not THE most unfriendly. :)
You would think that professions that are struggling for professionals would lighten up on certain things. Seems like you can be really bad at what you do and all is well, so long as you stick to the gameplan.
There's always the pro/con to each situation/profession

Devil's advocate says the OP didn't HAVE to give up their license/certification

But Devil's advocate also says it's unfair to the OP to have to start over from scratch to regain their license/certification

Sadly doesn't seem like there's much people can do that are in that "gray" area
(I ran into it when I moved from PA to FL ... did all the pre licensing stuff, including the NATIONAL USPAP class, but NOTHING transferred - FTR, I was never licensed/cert before moving)

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks