• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Outlook: Multiple Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Is there a way to set up multiple users on one desktop. An example would be one person with 2 different email addresses?!? Thanks!

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
State
Texas
Yes - you can be one person in Outlook with multiple email personalities. (easy)

Yes - you can use user/login on Windows to separate multiple users to their own desktop with their own Outlook and email. (slightly harder)

and you didn't ask but,

Yes - you could create a synchronized group of Outlook users on a LAN to share contacts, calendar, folders, etc. (harder still)

BlueDog007

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Oh cool! How do I do the easiest of the three! And, can you expand on option #3. I would like to understand that possibility a little better. And thanks!

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
State
Texas
I think I understand your easiest question, but just to be sure ... you want to be one person in Outlook and have more than one email address? If so, go to Options - Accounts and add as many email address accounts as you wish. You don't need multiple user/logins or multiple desktops for that.

Tell me if that's not what you intended.

Second - as to how to sync multiple computers on a LAN running multiple users in their own Outlook, annnnnnd share calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. - you need some special 3rd party software that acts as the "traffic cop" for all of that. There are some good ones that are inexpensive and some very expensive.

Google easy2sync, osasync, and codetwo (there are many others)

Matter of fact, codetwo can sync multiple users outlook data across Al Gore's Interweb. That's a lot that you can do nowadays.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Thanks Mike........So, if I create the new addresses, will that also give me new inbox folders, etc... to help keep each individual email account organized? And, would I open each email just like I am opening say a word file? File, open???

JT1974

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
ricbiggers,

Search around on Amazon.com for Outlook books. There are a lot of used ones really cheap that have more tips and tricks than you'll ever need. I'm just starting to use Outlook myself.

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
State
Texas
Thanks Mike........So, if I create the new addresses, will that also give me new inbox folders, etc... to help keep each individual email account organized? And, would I open each email just like I am opening say a word file? File, open???

You can create multiple email addresses that all dump into a single Inbox or you can segregate them. Viewing/reading emails is no different for one than multiples, you click the Inbox and there are your emails.

I too would suggest an investment in a good Outlook book or even google for Outlook expert or training. Outlook is a great tool with tons of capability, but it would not hurt to have some written documentation to read. The Help file is fine, but you need to find some FAQs to read.

Funny, but I dumped Outlook for Thunderbird a couple years ago after using Outlook for 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks