• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Parital Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin Rules

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
A report I was almost ready to turn in was canceled. In order to get paid a trip fee I'm being asked for a partial report. I've not done one. Can anyone help?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
You did the inspection but they wont' pay you a trip fee unless you write a partial report? But then you say the report you were working on was nearly ready to be sent in. I suppose you could sent it in its present state of and explain in comment on it that per cancellation it was not completed and being sent to client as evidence or work done for payment

Alvin Rules

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Should I send the entire report as written, including all analysis or take out the analysis and send a single comment on the addenda with the statement....per cancellation?

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Usually I'm asked to submit just a photo of the front of the subject dwelling as verification.

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
South Carolina
I think more than a trip fee would be appropriate. Offer a time stamped front photo for the trip fee. A partial report is still a report and you are on the hook for it. Signed or not. Tell them full fee for the finished report. Nothing less.

Alvin Rules

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
That is what I've done the past, but this one is the first requesting "send in partial report for fee approval"

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I've never been asked for such a thing, but imo send in everything you've done on report, and write a disclosure not complete per client cancellation

Confident Rabbit

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
I find the term "trip fee" insulting considering the effort we put into an assignment. An almost finished report deserves an almost full fee. Also, I would be extremely uncomfortable about providing an incomplete report - and personally would decline since it could easily be passed around and wind up at the State. Who needs that headache? Photo pages, yes. URAR, no.

Good luck!

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I agree...if the report is so close to completion that it would only take less than a half hour, finish it up, and charge for it, if 3/4 finished charge for that...a trip fee alone is insufficient

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I don't see an issue with submitting the document as evidence of the work you've done. I would not include the certification, and I'd add a cover page identifying the document as not complete and not an appraisal report, and that it was created for purposes to substantiate the invoice.

I don't know how much this client pays for a "trip fee", but from what you describe, I'd be inclined to bill them the full fee less, say, $50. I'll take the $50 off since I have no liability attached to the document. Or, if they prefer, I'll finish it and charge them the full boat.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks