• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Passed Allied's Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise Moore

Freshman Member
I have been lurking around here for about a week now, and this is my first post. I took Allied's final yesterday and scored 99%. That's one hurdle out of the way. :rolleyes: I have Fisher and Tosh's book Q&A To Help you pass the Real Estate Appraisal Exams and a disk from Allied with 750 questions as well. My question is are these the best tools to help me study, or is there something out there that I should use in addition. I was told the wait time is now about 90 days, so I have plenty of time to get prepared.

My sister-in-law is a REA and has a client already lined up for me, and I also have a mentor lined up.

Thanks for all the informative posts.

Denise

hal380

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Hi Denise

99%? What happend to that other 1%?

I would be sure I mastered the basics before I chose to proceed :D

I used Fischer and Toch and passed state first try. In Ct. it is pass fail, so really dont know how good/bad I did.

Congrats to you.

Hal

Kelly S

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Congrats from a fellow Allied scholar! I took the correspondence course and pass the state test two years ago.

I would definitely study the Q&A book. Something that REALLY helped me, though, was going to the California OREA website and download the Licensing Requirements Handbook. Besides having all of the info you may ever need, it has appendices with "Examination Content Outlines" for each of the levels of test. It lists the exam topics and the weighting of the topics on the test.

Here's a link to the Handbook in pdf:

http://www.orea.ca.gov/forms/lic_hdbk.pdf

Just a tip: the test takes a LONG time! Wear comfy clothes and make sure you've eaten a good meal beforehand to sustain your energy! Also, the site where I took my exam had the A/C cranked up, and I shivered throughout the whole thing, so be ready for anything so that you're comfortable.

One cool thing is that they score your test right there and then and you get the results (if you fail they give you your score, but if you pass, they don't - you just pass). At least then you don't have to wait for the results to come in the mail!

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks