• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Passed Ca State Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhencai

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Passed CA state exam today on my first try. Not as hard as I thought. 110 questions, 4 hours. I used nearly 2 hours to finish and check. I used OREA exam outline (http://www.orea.ca.gov/forms/lic_hdbk.pdf) and Fisher's book as my preparation tools.

I'm looking for a new mentor. The current mentor I'm working with is very helpful. But he's so booked that it genereally takes him 10 days to get my report reviewed. My clients are not very happy. I've already done about 20 appraisals by myself.

Thanks and good luck.
Zhen Cai

Marc T. Girard

Freshman Member
Sweet!
Great job on passing and getting hooked up. I'm taking the exam in the next 3 weeks. Did you use "1001 Appraisal questions" (fishers book I think) and the OREA outline found for brokers? I downloaded a 75 page "cheat sheet" that rehashed appraising; thought it was for brokers. Is that it?
Thanks for helping a Sacramento Wannabe!
Marc

Tetsuo Hosaka

Freshman Member
Marc,
I have passed my exam last month in California.
If you study gQ&Ah by Fisher and Tosh, it should be OK.
I never found the same questions in the Exam though.
What I did was I went over those questions several times and copied the questions I got wrong on the 3 x 5 cards and put the explanations on the other side why I got wrong.
I skipped the Income Approach portion in the gQ&Ah book.
Before the Exam I reviewed the 3 x 5 cards until I got them all correct.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks