• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Passed Certified Residential Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoser9

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Kansas
Passed my Cert Res Exam on Monday.. Here are a couple tips that I found extremely helpful.

Study the appraisal questions and answers book from the foundation... I did one-two sections every night for two weeks then reviewed the ones I missed or thought I didn't know for sure. I had compucram, flashcards, review books and nothing compared to the questions and answers book from the foundation.

I took the HP-12c class... In my opinion I don't think its necessary for the Cert Res Exam - I'm sure it would have be very beneficial for the Cert General Exam.

I averaged between 75-80 percent on those questions the first time through. If you can do that then you will be golden.

What I did was read the last two sentences of the questions to see what each question was asking for then read the whole question... I think this helped.

Anyways.. if you just study the questions and answers book from the foundation you will do just fine.

Last, just don't overthink the questions. There is a lot of info in the questions that is not needed.

Good Luck!!

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
congrats....

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I remember typing on my computer all of the questions and answers in the Q&A book. I wanted to know the question as well as the answer because I knew they would switch things around and not ask the question the way the Q&A book had worded it. That was for my license level back in 1993. I just brushed up on the math section when I took the certified residential exam in 2005. I finished the test in less than 1 hour the second time. The first time took me almost 3 hours. That was in West Virginia and the exam was on paper and not on a computer.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Oh, by the way.

Congrats!

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Last, just don't overthink the questions. There is a lot of info in the questions that is not needed.
I remember (2009) they also liked messing with the wording; basically asking the same sort of question, but changing "AND" to "OR" or something like that.

Salut' :beer: and welcome to Cert Res!

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
:beer: Outstanding ............Now go for Quality Clients, diversify away from mortgage appraising (dying industry segment soon to be replaced almost entirely by HAL2017) and get $$$$green.

PLCG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Congratulations on a job well done!

kfallsalan

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Have you been issued your license?

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
:clapping::clapping:

Welcome to the profession.

:dancefool:

We need fresh thoughts around here.

Clement Rozario

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Virginia
Passed my Cert Res Exam on Monday.. Here are a couple tips that I found extremely helpful.

Study the appraisal questions and answers book from the foundation... I did one-two sections every night for two weeks then reviewed the ones I missed or thought I didn't know for sure. I had compucram, flashcards, review books and nothing compared to the questions and answers book from the foundation.

I took the HP-12c class... In my opinion I don't think its necessary for the Cert Res Exam - I'm sure it would have be very beneficial for the Cert General Exam.

I averaged between 75-80 percent on those questions the first time through. If you can do that then you will be golden.

What I did was read the last two sentences of the questions to see what each question was asking for then read the whole question... I think this helped.

Anyways.. if you just study the questions and answers book from the foundation you will do just fine.

Good Luck!!
Where can I find a copy of this "Appraisal Questions and Answers" book from the foundation? What is the actual Title of the Book that you are referring it to please? However, I have called the Appraisal Foundation and they do NOT have a book titled as "Appraisal Questions and Answer" book. I need to re-take my test within two weeks. I would truly appreciate your help. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks