• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Passed the exam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Coburn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
Finished the Texas State Licensed exam this morning and passed! I tell you, it was pretty nerve racking as I wasn't completely sure of some of the answers I put down. It seemed like the answers could be more than one correct choice but I studied my butt off and it really paid off in the end.

For anyone nervous about taking the exam I'll run down what I studied so it might help you.

I took the classes for Market Analysis, Site valuation and cost approach and Sales Approach over at Allied business schools to complete the new education requirements set forth after 1/1/08. They sent me three books and I read those front to back and highlighted what I thought were pertinent terms and descriptions.

I also printed out USPAP from the Preamble to Standard 6 and studied those as well.

I was lucky in that I have a great mentor who has taught me a lot along the way which made some of the studying more of a refresher course than something brand new.

All-in-all, if you know your stuff this exam will not scare you too much but be prepared to really think and don't quickly jump on answers.

Anyway, Woooohoooo!!!:new_multi: :new_multi:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Congratulations Brad!!

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
Congratulations!! Now it is time to celebrate! :new_multi: :new_multi: :new_multi:

Roscoeman

Professional Status
State
Oregon
In deed, go celebrate!!!

Have a great weekend...

Brad Coburn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
Thanks everyone, time to go celebrate on the town! :D

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Congratulations Brad! And congratulations to your mentor....looks like you had a good one and some solid training. Best of luck! :new_multi: :new_multi: :new_multi:

Joe Booth

Professional Status
State
California
Now get to work and find new clients.

Congratulations Brad.

Cowboy Steve

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Idaho
Congrats Brad you made quite an accomplishment! I'll be sitting for the new exam in a month or so myself. One question - How long did the 165 question exam take you, and did you feel rushed?

Brad Coburn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
Congrats Brad you made quite an accomplishment! I'll be sitting for the new exam in a month or so myself. One question - How long did the 165 question exam take you, and did you feel rushed?

Steve,
It took me about 3 hours with a 10 minute break in between (they give you 30 minutes if you want it). I didn't feel rushed at all. It was a very quiet and stress free testing environment but if you're not used to a computer based test it could be a little off-putting at first. Good luck when you take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks