• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Passing my Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery Valentine

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Washington
Hi, I have my test on dec 4th. I am taking a Mykut cram class on dec 1st. I am also using learnappraising.com ... I (like always) have procrastinated and am now cramming!!

Any tips? Anyone have any idea how good the learnappraising.com questions are? I know (from that site) some areas I need help in.

Any good books for cramming? I have 1 but it seems simplified.

I want to pass on the first try. I am giving myself 3 months after I pass the test to find a good salaried or a consistently busy comm. based office. (I am not getting any work from my current office as my supervisor is taking it all. I realize he needs to, but it isn't helping MY situation - :) ).

Thanks everyone! I will be out for the day, but will check in when I get back.

RobertTurner

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm in the same situation. I will be taking my exam on the 14th at 8am for Florida State Cert Res REA. I'm hoping to pass on the first time as well and have only used the learning express and henry harrison texts. I've been getting A's and B's on the practice exams (I've done about 6 or 7) so I hope I'll do fine.

Also any advice about jobs would be great. I'm in the same position as the original poster. Was doing quite well as a trainee 1.5 years ago, but now the supervisor is taking all the work just trying to keep his kids fed and the business afloat.

I personally took a job with the Bank of New York as a temporary fix after starving for 6 months. I'm taking the test basically because I have invested so much time into the license but I'm not too hopeful regarding my ability to actually make some income with it? Will things become magically better just because I'm now state certified and no longer "just" a trainee??

Rob Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks