• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Paulson & Bernanke Swoop To The Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/09192008_paulson_bernanke_swoop.asp

In an unprecedented series of actions from the U.S. Treasury Department, the U.S. Federal Reserve and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over the last 24 hours, the administration has announced plans to purchase illiquid assets from financial institutions. It also promised to buy up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Debt, it will launch an initiative to lend to banks for the purchase of commercial paper, created a fund geared at insuring money market mutual funds and banned short selling on 799 financial stocks.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
unprecedented...but awfully late to have been saying there was no problem as late as July this year.

McKain was right. The head of the SEC should be fired. He can't be, but someone could ask him to resign. As well as Paulson and Bernanke.

i noticed in Bush's speech that he claimed anyone committing a fraud on Wall St. will be "persecuted"....fruedian slip or typical Bushism, me misunderstanding the radio, I don't know. But they ought be "persecuted" not prosecuted.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
How about both, Terrell? LOL the law can prosecute, and we can persecute - hang them by their toes and other good torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks