• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pay Off Bills Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
It's obvious with Trump in office, our tax rates will go down. ShouId we pay off most of our business bills and property tax for next year since I get better deductions with higher tax rates this year?

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Your toss. Seven come eleven, snake eyes watching you. :leeann2:

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The FED is targeting 2% inflation rate. In that case debtors benefit than savers. Can make sense to borrow next year than lose money in bank.

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
It's always better to be debt free, period.

I'll believe tax reform when I see it. There's a whole lot of fingers in that pie and everybody wants to make sure their loophole, deduction, credit, etc. is kept or expanded.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
If you can deduct the interest rates, the cost to borrow can be lower and the extra money can be use for investment. Trump, the king of leverage, shows that good debt is better than saving money in the bank.

Rick Stillman

Professional Status
State
Colorado
It's always better to be debt free, period.

I'll believe tax reform when I see it. There's a whole lot of fingers in that pie and everybody wants to make sure their loophole, deduction, credit, etc. is kept or expanded.

So many people never get past Finance 101.

I'd love to be in debt over a million dollars. Lovvvve it.

As long as I have tangible assets that I control (control, not own - but that's another topic). And if I could make a reasonable return of 20% ROI, I wouldn't even CONSIDER measuring a house ever again - but that's another story too.

Book stores have shelves over flowing with books that can explain what I just said. Start with Robert Kiyosaki. He has about 20 books you need to absorb. You have a job you own - so what? Get a business instead - that pays you - or even better - passive income. Your biggest worry should be that you don't have enough deductions.

Or... no, you just keep thinking about refinancing that car, and saving a half point interest - your banker loves you.

Mark K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
delete.....

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Well, that explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks