• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Pdf Files Are Not Secure W/o Saving It Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Hello,

For pdf files to be secure in acrobat, the file must be created and then saved again with security settings and a password.

Does anyone know how to get the security in there all in one step without creating the file and then saving it again? Its a bit of a hassle.

Also, if anyone does this through wintotal edi, I'd like to know how to set this up.

Thanks in advace for any responses,

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
You have to save the file once created in PDF format. No if and's or but's about it. This is the way Adobe is set up. At least as far as I have found unless someone else knows another way.

Andrew Jennings

Freshman Member
It depends on your appraisal software of course. I work on HighPerForm and Appraisal Studio for United Systems, and we've worked hard to make the integration with Adobe Acrobat as seamless as possible.

In our software, if you set up a remote mailbox for a specific email address, then all you have to do is drag your report and drop it on that mailbox. Our software converts it to PDF (encrypted), attaches it to an email, and sends the email automatically. No more remembering where you saved the file or attaching it and sending the email manually.

You can download Appraisal Studio and try it for 30 days if you're open to trying other software:
http://www.unitedsystems.com/apstudio_demo.asp

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
In Alamode:

When you click on Print a window pops up with 3 sections. The one of the far right is for the PDF/General Settings & Security.

In there, click on PDF Security Settings.

In the first section check 3 of the 4 boxes, leaving just the first "Print PDF" on unchecked.

Put a password where it says Change security at the bottom of this section.

Go up and click on OK.

Now, everytime you print to Adobe, it will automatically be locked and secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks