• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Phoenix, AZ and factory built housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
If anyone will be in the Phoenix, AZ area the afternoon of Thursday, February 20th either as an attendee of some AI seminars or am an AZ appraiser--I have an offer. Rich Heyn will be in Phoenix as instructor for two seminars being offered by the Phoenix AI chapter on Friday and Saturday. So on Thursday afternoon I have arranged a tour of the Redman/Genesis plant in Chandler, AZ. Manufactured homes constructed to HUD code and modular homes constructed to UBC code are built in this plant on the same assembly line. So you can actually see where the two building codes vary. All appraisers that will be in the area are welcome to go on the tour. We will meet in the parking lot near the modular home display at 400 E. Ray Road, Chandler, AZ at 2 PM Thursday, February 20, 2003. The sales manager for Genesis Homes will then take us on a tour of the factory and through the modular and manufactured homes on display. People from back east will be interested in seeing their pueblo model. They offer the design in both manufactured and modular--and after completion it is a good guess which one is which--except for the famous little red tag on the manufactured homes. So if you are attending one of Rich's seminars--come a day early and look at factory built homes. I will be also attempting to arrange a tour of the Cavco plant in Phoenix that constructs manufactured homes and "on frame" modular homes to UBC code for that morning. And then I plan on arranging a tour of a Palm Harbor plant on the morning of March 14 in Tempe. If you will be in the Phoenix area on either of those dates and are interested in one of the tours let me know. The evening of March 13 will be a NAIFA chapter meeting.

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks