• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pictures for a 2055 FHA appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmedina

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Hello fellow appraisers:

Got another question here. Is there any special pictures we need to take when completing a 2055 FHA appraisal other than the front of the exterior and street scene. First time I have ever completed a 2055 FHA appraisal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Clint VanNest

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
How can you tell if the Subject met HUD/FHAs Minimum Property Requirements for ensuring the soundness and structural integrity of the property, the safety and health of the occupants, the security and the marketability of the property from a drive-by? Also, I don't believe you can comply with 2005-48 mortgagee letter appraisal protocol for inspection. I have never heard of an FHA 2055.

Last edited:

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
How can you tell if the Subject met HUD/FHAs Minimum Property Requirements for ensuring the soundness and structural integrity of the property, the safety and health of the occupants, the security and the marketability of the property from a drive-by? Also, I don't believe you can comply with 2005-48 mortgagee letter appraisal protocol for inspection. I have never heard of an FHA 2055.

Mortgagee letter 2008-09 says a second appraisal can be ordered if:

The loan amount, excluding the upfront mortgage insurance premium, will exceed $417,000, and
· The LTV1, excluding upfront MIP, equals or exceeds 95%, and
· The property is determined as being in a declining market.

This can be completed as a 2055.

I would think that the second appraiser would at least need to have page one of the original appraisal report and any comments about the condition fo the subject property in order to complete the 2055. EAs would be required in doing the 2055.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I just did a 2055 FHA report as a 2nd appraisal. I was emailed the complete original report although I only asked for the 1st page. I stated in my report that my data source was public records AND a complete summary report by another appraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks