• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pictures with a Compliance Inspection Report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicada

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Nevada
Does FHA require photos to go along with the CIR? I'm sure it is generally good practice to include them but I was wondering if they are actually required?

Ken Whitaker

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I always take pictures and toss them in the file to prove I was actually there to re-inspect... I only provide a picture with the CIR if its relevant.

ghrousseau

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I always take pictures and toss them in the file to prove I was actually there to re-inspect... I only provide a picture with the CIR if its relevant.

As Ken said only for items that are relevant where you would want to evidence their repair. If you are returning to make sure the water and electric is on, I wouldn't bother with photos of the faucet running.

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
As Ken said only for items that are relevant where you would want to evidence their repair. If you are returning to make sure the water and electric is on, I wouldn't bother with photos of the faucet running.

I wouldn't necessarily include a picture of the water running in the CIR, but I would make sure I have one in case the lender asks for it later - they are asking for a lot crazier stuff than that these days. And it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take a picture of the kitchen with the water running in the sink and definitely showing the lights on in the photo.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Does FHA require photos to go along with the CIR? I'm sure it is generally good practice to include them but I was wondering if they are actually required?

They are generally a good idea, but are not required by FHA. Of course, some lenders may require pictures in any case.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Be sure to use a camera that dates the picture...LOL!

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Every time we go out for a reinspect, we take new exterior front/rear and street photos and any exterior repairs including removal of paint chips. If there was an interior repair, we take that photo also. Pictures are cheap to produce and as the old saying goes are worth a thousand words... Be prepared and be diligent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks