• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

place scanned image in ACI report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason gesswein

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Have two scanned images that I have created through PaperPort, they are currently pdf's and other formats are available. I need to place them in an ACI report on text extra addendum or extra image pages or whatever page will work.
Have tried copy and paste in all formats and have newer version of ACI. Please advise.

CindyR

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I save the pdf file as a jpeg file and then they insert nicely into extra map pages.

jason gesswein

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New York
thanks Cindy, tried that before and again a few minutes ago with jpeg format, right click and paste on file - when I right click on page to apply image to I do not get an option to paste.

AL LLANOS

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
thanks Cindy, tried that before and again a few minutes ago with jpeg format, right click and paste on file - when I right click on page to apply image to I do not get an option to paste.

Does it give the option to insert image or map?

jason gesswein

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New York
not sure of what you mean 'insert an image or map'. when I right click on the page that the image is to be applied to the paste option is not available, does that help?

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
i don't copy with cut and paste - not sure if that will work. I right click on the map page and then select insert image and then go find it on the hard drive or wherever and then 'open' the jpg file and it puts it in.

jason gesswein

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New York
when I right click I get an option to insert symbol in the window that appears and that does not work

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
hmmm. when I right click in the big open space of the Extra Map Page I get Extract, Insert Map, Acquire Image, Geolocator, Mappoint and Mappro. I select the Insert Map option and it sends me off to find it. I do not have an 'insert symbol' option in the body section of the extra map.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Images can only be placed, large ones anyway, onto extra map pages where the image area is large enough to support the image you are trying to insert. Extra text pages will not work, and photo pages I have found are typically too small to be useful.
I would also scan the image into something other than a jpg as the size may be quite large.

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
State
Florida
here's the deal-

you need to open the pdf files in acrobat, use the graphic select tool to choose what you want to copy, copy it (the way to do that varies by version of acrobat-some versions you right click the selected portion of the page, and choose copy-others you can do that from the edit menu)

then go to ACI and paste it into the extra map page.

Occasionally the image is too large for ACI to process, in which case you'll need an image editor (paint, photoshop, etc) to save the copied image to a jpg or other formatted file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks