• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Please pray for those shot at our church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Just a quick note to let you know that Marsha and I are fine, we were not attendance this morning at New Life Church. I worked two performances of Winter Wonderland (our Christmas production) yesterday after noon and evening and since it was snowing and cold, we decided to stay home this morning.

Early reports say none of our members were killed but several in serious condition at local hospitals. Please pray for my church family,

Thank you,

Mike Garrett

icisic7

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Mike, thank God you and Marsha weren't there. Even if you hadn't been wounded physically, witnessing that would have had an effect. What could drive a person to do such a thing? :(

I will keep you and your fellow parishioners in my prayers.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Thanks for letting us know you're okay, Mike.

I know exactly how you're feeling right now, so our prayers will be going out to all of those who are affected.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
So glad you posted Mike, that you and yours are OK! Just turned on the news and recognized that would be your church.

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm really glad you and Marsha are ok, Mike. And so sorry about those who were hurt.

Professional Status
State
Ohio
New Life Church. Ted Haggard's church. Hopefully all of the victims will make a complete recovery. It's going to be interesting to see what the motive for the shooting was, if it can ever be determined.

Ariba

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Mike,

Positive thoughts going your. A terrible tragedy.

Have they found any connection with the Youth with a Mission shootings in Arvada this morning?

Ron

Last edited:

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
You got it Mike.

Glad the two of your are okay.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Glad you're OK, haven't seen the news yet, but hope yourn extended church family is OK too. A shooting in a church kind of defies comprehension.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Sad to report one church member was killed, three others are in the hospital, one critical, one fair, one in good condition. The shooter is dead...killed by an armed security guard on staff at the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks