• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Please Provide Quote And Eta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariba

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
"Our Team would like to engage your services for the following potential assignment. Please consider researching this property and providing your turn time and fee to complete the assignment. Please be advised the client need this report as soon as possible. If you aren’t able to accommodate a rush, please provide your fee and best turn time. When providing your quote, please inform us if you would like for us to accept this assignment on your behalf."

Based on this information I provide them with a reasonable fee and 4-day delivery date. I also state the quote is good for 2-hours. This was their response:

"Thank you for providing a quote. We are continuing to research the order and the area and will connect with you again if your quote is approved. Have a great day!"

Four hours later you receive the order. Apparently, I won by quoting the lowest fee. Would you accept, move on, or increase your quote? This is happening more and more!

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
That's the grim reality these days. Please post what you just did on the other threads about fees on the board, so people can see the reality of what is happening. I usually lose these quotes and I am quoting very reasonable rates, so it's extremely scary. I feel I am essentially out of business due to it and am frantically trying to make alternate plans as I do not see it getting any better.

If you need the work, accept the order, you quoted it,

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Apparently, I won by quoting the lowest fee.
You responded to the inquiry in non-professional manner and you recieved the assignment at the fee YOU quoted to them. And your issue is what?

Ariba

Professional Status
State
Colorado
How so? I quoted them a fee and ETA. What is your problem? Also, the quote was for a 2-hour window not 3!

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Four hours later you receive the order. Apparently, I won by quoting the lowest fee. Would you accept, move on, or increase your quote? This is happening more and more!

You quoted your fee. Your bid was accepted at your quote (and I wouldn't presume that your bid was the lowest). Now, you want to increase because you got the job.

Would you put up with that from any trades person or professional service provider you engaged?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
My last phone call from an AMC asked fee and turn time. They are not the first to get my stock answer, "If you need to ask you can't afford me."

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I also state the quote is good for 2-hours. This was their response:

"Thank you for providing a quote. We are continuing to research the order and the area and will connect with you again if your quote is approved. Have a great day!"

Four hours later you receive the order.

"Sorry, the bid has expired. I cannot commit to the turn time as these slots have been filled with confirmed order from other clients. Would you like a rush order bid?"

Michael S

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
"Our Team would like to engage your services for the following potential assignment. Please consider researching this property and providing your turn time and fee to complete the assignment. Please be advised the client need this report as soon as possible. If you aren’t able to accommodate a rush, please provide your fee and best turn time. When providing your quote, please inform us if you would like for us to accept this assignment on your behalf."

Based on this information I provide them with a reasonable fee and 4-day delivery date. I also state the quote is good for 2-hours. This was their response:

Had you received another order in the intervening time that would have made you unavailable it would be reasonable for you to inform the client that you are no longer available. Since that doesn't appear to be the case go ahead and accept it and move on. Most of our letters of engagement give a client two business days to respond. If they come back on the third day with the signed letter there's not much reason to then not accept the assignment.

If you feel like your bid was too low then bid higher next time. You probably won't get as many jobs but that's the nature of the game. If your bid is accepted every time you're probably bidding too low. If it's never accepted you're probably bidding too high.

Ariba

Professional Status
State
Colorado
I know, it should not amaze me the answers you get for merely posting a simple question.

You quoted your fee. Your bid was accepted at your quote (and I wouldn't presume that your bid was the lowest). Now, you want to increase because you got the job. Would you put up with that from any trades person or professional service provider you engaged?

I merely asked for input! I did not accept the assignment. Lastly, no, I would not put up with this from any trades person or professional service provider. If you make an appointment for an appraisal observation at 2:00 pm do you expect the real estate agent/borrower to stick around till 4:00 pm. Also, if I have an appointment with a plumber between 2:00 and 4:00 pm do you wait till 5:00 pm for them to show? Apparently, you have no problem with that.

You responded to the inquiry in non-professional manner and you recieved the assignment at the fee YOU quoted to them. And your issue is what?

So, by responding with a fee and ETA that is “non-professional? Typical response “non-professional” when you cannot even read the question. Also, no I did not “received” or accepted the assignment, because the quote was good for 2-hours not 4-hours. What don’t you get.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Sounds like STARS. They are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks