• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Poll: Business structuring and pricing model webinar, and/or retirement planning

What topics would you be interested in?

• Structuring or incorporating Options like S, C, Sole Proprietor, Disregarded LLC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How to plan E&O for retirement

• I would only take this course for free.

• Total voters

Russ Kitzberger

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
I am thinking about partnering up with an attorney, accountant, insurance broker(s), and perhaps a banker, and offering a paid webinar/online course or course(s), that provides some models of how to structure a small/micro appraisal practice, set a pricing model, and perhaps how to plan for retirement.

Can you provide some feedback on if this would be useful and what information would be useful to see in the poll below. Thanks!

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
It would be nice if this type course qualified for CE credit, perhaps it could if it were bundled with another topic, maybe appraiser liability.
At the end of the day or career, knowledge of retirement planning is far more important than the endless USPAP courses we've all been forced to suffer through.

Russ Kitzberger

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
It would be nice if this type course qualified for CE credit, perhaps it could if it were bundled with another topic, maybe appraiser liability.
At the end of the day or career, knowledge of retirement planning is far more important than the endless USPAP courses we've all been forced to suffer through.
I think it would be difficult to qualify for CE if it was business related rather than appraisal development or reporting related. The liability info is a good idea thanks!

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I think you may have a market for this as IMO most appraisers are not or have not been been businesspersons. Spoiler alert.

S Corp for taxation
Properties go into individual LLCs which go into a Family LLC-avoiding liability

Insure what you can't afford to lose and makes Family LLC more credible as more than a liability shield.

Employees (ever)? SEP-IRA
Never employees? Solo 401K

No need to overcomplicate things for a one man band or a trio. Get the money in the door and protect it as outlined above. Go about your life doing what you enjoy. :peace:

Overimprovement

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
One item I did not really see is marketing oneself, obtaining clients, and/or finding a niche. That will become more and more important as waivers/hybrids/AVMs take more and more pieces of the pie...

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks