• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Possible Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonnie Hogan

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I've recently been contacted by a company who seeks out appraisers to be "professional photographers" of some sort doing photo shoots of houses just going onto the open market. Might be a decent opportunity, but I thought I'd check this out first ... Does anyone do this? or does anyone know any other appraisers who do this?

This company wants me to buy $1400 worth of high tech camera equipment and then they pay around $100 -$120 a pop for me to go do a photo shoot on the house and draw a sketch (more detailed then the typical appraisal sketch) measure, and then upload all the photos and sketch to them so that they can make an online virtual tour of the event.

They said they like using appraisers for this because we can sketch, we can photo, and because we can possibly get appraisal work from it. There is no actual appraising going on though...

I'm looking for any appraisers who are doing this who can tell me if they think its worth the headaches or not. The pay seems low to me, but might be worthwhile in this slow market if it does in fact convert to more appraisals.

any input from someone who does this would be great... I'd love to chat with you on the phone for ten minutes or so if I can...

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
search for threads on Zaio and their web site is Zaio.com

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
They will order with you until they find someone with a lower cost. Most agencies are not putting dollars into listings in my service area. Check the number of virtual tours in your service area. Call the agents and ask about the service and its value along with the cost. It is getting cheaper by the year. I was offer around $40 to $65 4-5 years ago and they were charging in the $200+ range.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Sounds fishy, Lonnie. How about they take their equipment cost out of the work you do?

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
State
Missouri
:rof: :rof:

They are still trying to sell that franchise!

I'm looking for any appraisers who are doing this who can tell me if they think its worth the headaches or not. The pay seems low to me, but might be worthwhile in this slow market if it does in fact convert to more appraisals.

any input from someone who does this would be great... I'd love to chat with you on the phone for ten minutes or so if I can...

michaelgraybeal

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Crap...Crap...Crap.... That about sums it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks