• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Possible To Report Realtor To Cfpb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattisbox40

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
another appraiser friend, in my town, had state complaint due to low value. in the complaint the agent detailed how she worked to influence and remove appraiser and continued on and on digging her own grave. she intends to counter file a complaint using the realtor's own words. does the cfpb care? I know that agents are "covered" but do they investigate the Realtors? filing an ethics complaint would go no where.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Yes file with the cfpb as violations of TILA.
And,
file with your state appraisal board if there was an AMC involved. If no AMC was involved, file with your local Attorney General under TILA violations.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
You could try. That Realtor sounds horrible

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
First, CFPB has minimal enforcement in regards to individual real estate agents. Waste of time.

Report to your state real estate board, state AG, local board. Second, file a defimation of character lawsuit against the agent. You will have to take action with entities that may bring results, not the useless CFPB.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
No CFCB is not going to waste any time on this maybe call that 1-800-HVCC Hot-Line *** Oops they forgot to set it up. :)

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
No CFCB is not going to waste any time on this maybe call that 1-800-HVCC Hot-Line *** Oops they forgot to set it up. :)

They did set it up
It is the cfpb.
And they are obligated by law to investigate.
So if they don't investigate,
Report them to the State AG also.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
another appraiser friend, in my town, had state complaint due to low value. in the complaint the agent detailed how she worked to influence and remove appraiser and continued on and on digging her own grave. she intends to counter file a complaint using the realtor's own words. does the cfpb care? I know that agents are "covered" but do they investigate the Realtors? filing an ethics complaint would go no where.

Fighting Appraisal Board Complaints
http://www.workingre.com/fighting-appraisal-board-complaints/

SAME LINK ABOVE - ALSO SEE >>

Understanding State Board Enforcement
Failure to Exercise Reasonable Diligence

In the state of Florida, an omnibus charge leveled no matter what an appraiser does or fails to do, is that he or she “failed to exercise reasonable diligence” in performing that appraisal.

Last edited:

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Yes file with the cfpb as violations of TILA.
And,
file with your state appraisal board if there was an AMC involved. If no AMC was involved, file with your local Attorney General under TILA violations.
Given that the assignment was apparently completed by the appraiser, I am wondering what the nature of the complaint would be that one would file against the AMC ??

I have a lot of processes in place to make sure that none of our folks do anything contrary to AIR, but surely you don't expect me to be able to control agents :)

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Given that the assignment was apparently completed by the appraiser, I am wondering what the nature of the complaint would be that one would file against the AMC ??

I have a lot of processes in place to make sure that none of our folks do anything contrary to AIR, but surely you don't expect me to be able to control agents :)

Not to be snarky, but I don't expect anything from you.
:flowers:

However, I have very clear remembrance of multiple threads from appraisers who had jobs cancelled by AMCs because of the actions of the agent, in collusion with AMCs.

Best to start making examples, as the garbage has gone on too long.

So in this particular case, a warning letter to the AMC doesn’t hurt, and puts everyone on notice, the games are over.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Not to be snarky, but I don't expect anything from you.
:flowers:

However, I have very clear remembrance of multiple threads from appraisers who had jobs cancelled by AMCs because of the actions of the agent, in collusion with AMCs.

Best to start making examples, as the garbage has gone on too long.

So in this particular case, a warning letter to the AMC doesn’t hurt, and puts everyone on notice, the games are over.

Not to be snarky, but is that how you want appraisers treated as well? Just start filing complaints against the appraiser when someone else does something wrong?

The OP clearly noted that the assignment was completed and a report was delivered. The assignment was not cancelled. Given that, I repeat the question - what would be the nature of a complaint against the AMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks