• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Post Photos That You Have Taken Lately

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
might if it every rains again.
No problem here... 3" then 1.5" in the past week. We've had a record amount of rainfall for the year. I am trying to get some EQIP money to cost share the lime to do the whole place again. Curiously, on my tests zinc levels are high??? Have no idea where that comes from.
how they didn't break is still a mystery
Yep, that would usually break the hinges :rof:

Seriously, a friend had an AMC Eagle and it was a very good car, good road clearance. He drove it for years. The guy was about 30 yr. my senior and a great geologist. I miss him and he was tough. When I was in my 30s he could still outwalk me and work in 100 degree temps on gravity and magnetic surveys from early to late in the day. Too tough to die and he suffered in a rest home the last couple of years of his life until his ticker finally gave up.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Well rain in forecast again. Big line of storms I am pretty much perpendicular with. To the west towards Tulsa the clouds are actually still west of there. And to the north I can see lightning which the radar places about halfway between Joplin and Kansas City. About 100 miles each direction. Makes for a nice sunset. I guess I never get tired of sunsets and fall sunsets seem to be the best.
Tonight
sunset929819.JPG
Virga visible in some clouds from a few years ago about the same time of year.
virga3 (Medium).JPG

Reactions: TC

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
A cousin in Colorado just posted this on FB... End of growing season for most of Canada and N. Rockies. Record snow for the date
a pix on Facebook showed it was snowing 5+" per hour.
1569730030593.png

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I have waited for 5 years to get this photo. My wife and I were in Cherokee, NC last weekend and I was able to get this pic.. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park has been reintroducing elk to the Park for several years now and they are doing very well.

Attachments

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Nice Elk. I'm sure that thing could mess you up real good with those horns.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
My wife and I were in Cherokee, NC last weekend I was able to take this photo at the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in the Cherokee Indian Reservation. I have been trying to get a good photo of the elk there for several years now. The GSMNP has been reintroducing elk to the park for several years and they are doing very good.

Elk For Internet.JPG

Reactions: TC

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Beautiful picture, RSW! (y) Way to be patient for the shot ... looks like it was more than worth it!

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Next door is Clanton's an excellent restaurant that has been there for decades. Vinita was named after Vinnie Ream - a sculpture of Lincoln was created by her in the White House. Roosevelt promised a land on the Grand River (Kansans called it the Neosho - Osage word for "good water") which became the Grand Lake o' the Cherokees. The explorer and brother of the co-founder of St. Louis, Jean Pierre Chouteau called the river "Grande Riviere", and started the first white settlement in Oklahoma at what is called Salina now...or then, the Grande Salina (a salty spring nearby was used as salt works.) Chouteau was surprised to find there were no permanent Indian Villages nearby so he spent the next few years talking the Osage into settling near Claremore (Chief Clarmont being head of the tribe) Chouteau, MT and Pierre, SD were named after the far ranging Chouteau family of fur traders. Going price? 20 balls of lead and powder for a buffalo hide. Chouteau's son, Auguste, named after his uncle, once was trapped on an island in the Arkansas River near Lakin, Kansas by Pawnee Indians who were very hostile to the Osage and their allied whites. The Chouteau name lives on with Yvonne Chouteau the most recent famous Chouteau, a ballerina of international fame, who passed away in 2016. PIX_9073 (Medium).JPGchouteausisland (Medium).JPG

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I had 8.7 inches of rain since about 10 last night. Huge rain, steady all night. 20 swift water rescues by Gentry and Highfill Fire Departments...this is one of them on Hwy 12, near Gentry. The road on the south side of me is closed by the sheriff and my farm has a river going across it.
PIX_9175 (Medium).JPGPIX_9184 (Medium).JPGStitched_001 (Medium).jpg

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks