• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Post Photos That You Have Taken Lately

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The future of banking... Regions.jpg
Coming soon to a branch near you - you wanna' see a people you gotta get outta da car. Or go on line.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Last time I went into a branch was to withdraw cash to buy a motorcycle. The ATM will only give $400 or $500 a day.
It's been a few years.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I get it. But, I engage in electronic banking, and I appreciate 24-hour access to account information, and I like the convenience. But I also strongly cling to the ability to walk into a branch of the bank I deal with and find a human being to resolve problems that can't be done from my phone or home computer. Several of the large banks here won't publish anything but a 800 number, and it's difficult to contact a local person without their extension or cell #. Employees who've worked for decades for some of these banks are getting railroaded out before they're fully vested in their retirements. There will continue to be niches for small local or sub-regional banks for the foreseeable future. (I hope)

Reactions: TC

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I am in a bank almost every week. They are my friends. I use the ATM on rare occasion to withdraw a few bucks, otherwise occasionally to deposit money at the drive in.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The elimination of services at neighborhood reail branches by banks is going to continue. It's part of the trend that, among other things, significantly reduces the number of employees dealing with customers - er, make that "consumers". Grocers are closing the limited item check out lanes, and are pushing customers - er, consumers - to the "self check" lanes, and having the employee who worked the check out lanes to stand around and steer people - er, consumers - the the self check lane. With banks, we'll be dealing with a customer "service" rep who is located who knows where, and who spends all of the phone time seeling to validate each remark one makes, telling how pleased they are to be of service, and asking how they were able to enhance my customer - er, consumer - experience.

Mark K

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Herd of turkeys!

Local wildlife in my yard. I've been invaded since my big cat died a few months ago.

turkeys.JPG

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Looks like a Review Vulture looking for alot of mistakes.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Nice shot. It does not have alot of cute however.
Is alot a word or not, TC? You used it. :leeann2:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks