• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pretyping An Appraisal Is Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
was bored yesterday so i pretyped an order i inspected today. anyone else do this? found out i spent more time than if i would have just typed it after inspection by 10 extra minutes at least.

KenAZ

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Dom. Republic
I do it all the time. If it is a newer home, under 20 years I hardly have to make any changes. Older homes are different.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I can't imagine it is any more garbage than your typical wham, baam thank you ma'am report. :shrug:

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Never. Too many times it is different than I expected and it has to be re worked.
Better yet, they no show and it is cancelled. :guns:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Don't pretype, but wife uses other reports from the same neighborhood, homes are so similar. Cuts time significantly.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
................by 10 extra minutes at least.............

You are going to get no sympathy here from most appraisers. Pre-typing a report is a rarity here but I pre-typed a good part of one today as there are only so many sales in a township of 3,000 people. Driving comps was over an hour and I logged 90 miles today. My comps were in four different townships and then the 30 mile drive home.

A rough day for most of us is when we spend 12 hours on a report instead the normal 7-8 hours.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
I do the absolute minimum until the inspection. I'll research if I have an old diagram, but that's about it. I learned this after a number of years.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
As I've said before, you are much more efficient than I am.
But, back in the day, when I was doing a higher volume, I would pre-type the reports for those sections that pre-typing made sense, and it seemed to work for me.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
My assistant used to fill in, then print for inspection. Sometime it changed. Narrative not so much but I organized the tax card, MLS, census, scanned in aerial, fllod maps,etc. I did exhibits section, then each approach and the final stage was summary and intro, certs, etc. Then I combined these 3 sections, summary, approaches, exhibits. Once combined, created the table of contents, ready for proofing.

PushinValue

Professional Status
State
California
“We concerted the garage a few years ago”
“The last seller added some area, I don’t think it is permitted”
“We just finished this 700’ addition and the county is not updated yet”

All things I hate hearing after doing any upfront work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks