• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Private Messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Lately, I have noticed sometimes when I go to send a PM to someone, they don't have that option listed under thier name?

Are there several reasons for this?

Also, If I put someone on my ignore list, can they no longer send PM's to me, or would it then be up to me to decide if i wanted to read it?

Just not sure what makes that portion of the forum tick...

Also, if you put someone on your ignore list, how do you take them off?

Thanks in advance

L.

Also, how do you change your screen name? I want to put less of my name in it--public forums being what they are and all.,..

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Lately, I have noticed sometimes when I go to send a PM to someone, they don't have that option listed under thier name?

Are there several reasons for this? They have not enabled PM on their user options..

Also, If I put someone on my ignore list, can they no longer send PM's to me, or would it then be up to me to decide if i wanted to read it? No Idea

Also, if you put someone on your ignore list, how do you take them off? under your User CP options

Thanks in advance

L.

Also, how do you change your screen name? I want to put less of my name in it--public forums being what they are and all.,..
PM wayne to change name..

Willie

Professional Status
State
Tennessee

Are there several reasons for this?

Also, If I put someone on my ignore list, can they no longer send PM's to me, or would it then be up to me to decide if i wanted to read it?

Also, if you put someone on your ignore list, how do you take them off?

Thanks in advance

L.

Larryroscoe1, I never replied to anything you have written, as best I recall, as I never intentionally read a single one of your comments until a few weeks ago when I read that folks who had never used the button before had put you on their ignore list. That is when I began to read your comments for myself out of curiousity and respond to your comments just to see if they were right.

I don't know much about using the function and don't recall having ever put anyone on it, so I don't know for sure. I would say you are on to something about the ignore list. Someone put me on one in another forum one time, and I could not write to them.

Last edited:

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Larryroscoe1, I never replied to anything you have written, as best I recall, as I never intentionally read a single one of your comments until a few weeks ago when I read that folks who had never used the button before had put you on their ignore list. That is when I began to read your comments for myself out of curiousity and respond to your comments just to see if they were right.

I don't know much about using the function and don't recall having ever put anyone on it, so I don't know for sure. I would say you are on to something about the ignore list. Someone put me on one in another forum one time, and I could not write to them.

Thanks!!!!!

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Larryroscoe1, until a few weeks ago when I read that folks who had never used the button before had put you on their ignore list.

This may help save you some time...this is the thread that started it all...

I was just re-reading it today...

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=121178

If you were so inclined to take the time to read a good many of my posts, you would probably decide that as far as the nuts and bolts of appraisal theory, we would tend to agree. As far as the nuts and bolts of running a business, we would agree about half the time.

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=132547

As far as the nuts and bolts of the state of the profession, its needed direction and the state of this forum in particular...we probably won't agree at all, and this is where most people part ways with my way of thinking--though my take on some of those prior posts, ie George Hatch...have been rightly ammended over time.

At any rate, I don't seek any sort of approval for my "take" on things anymore, and realize the appraisal business will continue to evolve without my opinion, or anyone else's for that matter, and have basically used this forum for what it is widely used for...dissemination of information and "best practices" of other appraisers.

And please don't misconstrue this as some attempt to curry any favor with you, but I thought since you had expressed some objective interest in my posts, I would save you some time and cut to the chase.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
imnsh OPINION, NOT reading the posts of others simply because you do not agree with much of what is said, is pig headed. That's how we learn. We may use a tiny bit of what is written and ignore the rest after reading. Burying your head in the sand is a good way to sufficate.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
This is rich.

I asked you, more than once, to stop sending me PMs. Your first response was (in a thread) that if you sent me a PM I darn well better read it.

The next time, your response was "If you don't want a PM block me" coupled with explaining to me that I'm an ***.

So, you send harrassing PMs and now want to know how to block them.

Hilarious.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
I can't access that thread. It says I have been removed from the discussion. :shrug: :icon_mrgreen: :rof:

Cause you were a potty mouth....(potty fingers)...and you weren't very politically correct. And you were mean, and not nice too....and because you are a hick...from Ohio...and......

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Everybody PM Larry, he's feeling lonely and left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks