• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Proposed Construct

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Assignment is proposed custom construction SFR on a 1004.

Client is MB who knows that the loan will be submitted to XYZ bank.

Should I scan the blueprints into the report, or use the software sketch program? (The size of the blueprints will require at least $25 to have reduced/scanned/digitalized, and that greatly reduces my margin.)

The cost notwithstanding, how do my peers address this issue?

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Z, why are you posting in the newbie forum? Your questions are usually good questions and you're not really a new-newbie.

Use the sketch program and take digital pictures of the plans (front, rear and side elevations, site plan, etc) and put those in a photo addendum.

You can either use the measurements printed on the plans or if they are hard to read or incomplete you can use an engineer's scale (a triangular shaped ruler with different scales).

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I usually just redo the floor plan on my sketch software for typical inclusion in the report and retain the prints in a hard copy file. Most of my clients require the sketch in the report even if proposed.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Assignment is proposed custom construction SFR on a 1004.

Client is MB who knows that the loan will be submitted to XYZ bank.

Should I scan the blueprints into the report, or use the software sketch program? (The size of the blueprints will require at least $25 to have reduced/scanned/digitalized, and that greatly reduces my margin.)

The cost notwithstanding, how do my peers address this issue?
I do like Greg Boyd does plus I scan in the bill of materials too.

You need both plans and specifications in your file and a representation of what that is in your report that is "subject to".

Yeah Z, you got enough experience now as a newbie. Kick it up a notch and let the people who shoot burning arrows have a shot at you. :)

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I do like Greg Boyd does plus I scan in the bill of materials too.

You need both plans and specifications in your file and a representation of what that is in your report that is "subject to".

Yeah Z, you got enough experience now as a newbie. Kick it up a notch and let the people who shoot burning arrows have a shot at you. :)

I'll take the digital photo and draw the sketch using my sketch software.

I agree with the rest- no need for you to feel constrained to post in the newbie forum!

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Some lenders require a floor plan and the elevations from the prints. I usually include a sketch as well unless it is just too weird and I can't get it to come out. You also need to know some critical information, such as the form of heating and cooling, floor coverings and appliances as well as construction. It makes a difference if they are going 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 or steel or adobe. Also the roofing material is important. Pretty much all the variables from your cost approach needs to be specified.

No specs, then I assume KB home tract specs. Cheapest materials available, illegal labor, etc.

You have to have someting to compare against when you go back out for the final.

Scanning in the blueprints should be less than $25.00. The outfit I use charges $5.00 per page and gives them to me on a CD in JPEG format reduced to 8-1/2 x 11. It is a hassle getting there, but all part of the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks