• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Provalusa.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
Has anyone worked with these folks? They want $50 to be listed, which they refund if you don't get 5 orders in the first year. Other appraisers on the list showed around 100 reports delivered through the service, but I'm not sure what the timeframe is. Any input would be appreciated.

Narkissos

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Not a good idea. I just lost $750 with them. You will receive no orders if you request COD. I took chance and accepted two orders with payment in 30 days. Well proval would not supply the lenders contact information until after 30 days and big surprise I never got paid. The homeowner was charged for the appraisal and received a copy but I got ZIP. They assume no responsibility if you lose and yet they still want their cut. Some may so go ahead. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN will I work with any outfit that has a business model like proval.

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
Thanks for the heads up!

Josh Shapiro

Professional Status
State
Florida
I did a few jobs over the past year for them. A couple were COD and more were on terms. I got paid on each job and they charged my card when they said they would. I have never had an issue. However, over the past few months, the only thing I have gotten from them is Bid Requests. They have not yet amounted to anything as im sure others have bid lower!

Beth Stevens

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
I've done a few jobs for them in the past with no problems. Its been awhile though... They are tied in with Flagstar and New Century.....or were at that time.

Good luck!

Narkissos

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Others here may have had a different experience. However, mine was within the past 90 days. With all the lenders dropping like flies it is not a wise idea to extended credit to an unknown. Especially when the portal company assumes NO responsibility for your payment and still expects to be paid. Check out the good / bad / & ugly. You will see mine is not an isolated incident.

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
I'm not too sure that I am keen on spending $50 of company money on a service that may or may not pay appraisers. We already get Flagstar work on our own. How many jobs do they send per month?

rythman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Over the last several months ProVal has all but disappeared. I think they relied primarily on brokers, and didn't go after Bankers. Most of their business has now fallen off the wagon. So, I think they are making more money collecting the $50 from appraisers right now then collecting from the lenders. Their work is pretty scarce.

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
I think I just made up my mind. No Proval... Fortunately, we have work right now. I'm just always on the lookout for more. I used to fill a log sheet every month. Now, I'm lucky to get an appraisal to work on every month:)

Thanks for the advice!

Narkissos

Professional Status
State
Michigan
They were only good for a few a year. I service a rather rural area. This was the only reason I recieved a few orders from them and there were always issues with the property; repairs, inspections recommended...... As I said I am sure others have had better luck. However, I can tell you my very recent experience was much different. There are way to many small outfits going under right now. I am not extending 30 day credit to anyone I can not track down and collect from. Just not worth it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks