• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Provided copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVgroup

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Can someone clarify something for me? Amidst all the confusing do's/don'ts if a certified appraiser has an associate working under them can they provide an exact copy of the appraisal that was sent to the client back to the associate?
Does the state require the associates copy or the certifieds copy?

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
I'm not sure I understand the question but a copy is a copy. If the associate works for you, then the associate should be able to access the files he or she worked on.

Suz-E

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
When that trainee applies for their certified license, their log will be audited. They must have a copy of the report that was sent to the client, with both signatures on it.
Taken from the IDFPR-appraisers section:

I never received a signed copy of the report from my supervisor. May I submit unsigned
or reports only signed by myself?
Absolutely not. We need to be able to verify the work for which you’re claiming credit. Unsigned
reports will be deferred. If no signed report can be obtained; you will be Denied.

Read the full pdf here:

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/re/TheIllinoisAppraisalExperienceAudit.pdf

Hope that helps.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Can someone clarify something for me? Amidst all the confusing do's/don'ts if a certified appraiser has an associate working under them can they provide an exact copy of the appraisal that was sent to the client back to the associate?
Does the state require the associates copy or the certifieds copy?

I send the associate , nee trainee, both. A copy of the working file and a pdf.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
If I were a trainee, I would want a copy of both the file and the report or trust the person very very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks