• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Public Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Just received a check in the mail, along with a heartfelt thank you letter, from a nice lady with too many kids to count, who was the client of a C7 assignment completed about 10 weeks ago, who allegedly didn't have enough money to pay for a COD appraisal, and to whom I consequently extended credit similar to the courtesy extended to any 'poor player' unable to pay C.O.D.--every single one of them who do, eventually.

The Forum tells clients "Show Me the Money."

By virtue of doing good deeds, I demonstrate to the Public that "It's All Trust."

Regards.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
On the Green Backs it notes; In God We Trust, don't see anything on there about the Public, it's a choice, as in any other business decision. Have done that many times over the years, but it was a choice then and will always be.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Good for you Gama. I've been there and generally don't get burned either, but have over the years. As Jay said, it comes down to a business decision/a choice.

It's funny b/c the few times I've been stiffed on a private/COD client, seem to have been the ones who could have "easily" paid but didn't

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
A refreshing post, ZZ, to read. Especially in a forum where cynicism and mistrust is an underlying theme in many threads/posts.

Kudos to you!

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I require a retainer when I know I have a big bill coming for a timber cruise, or production analysis so I know their bill is covered. I have done several small estate / or medicaid appraisal pro bono. Sometimes I get a thank you, but often the subject has dementia and/or someone else is assisting the subject. One lady was 99.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Good for you Gama. I've been there and generally don't get burned either, but have over the years. As Jay said, it comes down to a business decision/a choice.

It's funny b/c the few times I've been stiffed on a private/COD client, seem to have been the ones who could have "easily" paid but didn't
That's not a coincidence; rather, that's why people who have money have it. Individuals' perspective on money management often defines their personal characteristics. BTW wouldn't it be interesting if the old adage "You can't take it with you" is proven to be false. All the people I willingly bought drinks for during the course of about 3 decades are waving good-bye to me as the Arc pulls away from the dock; and I realize that the water is cold as well as deep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks