• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Purpose of appraisal port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
Can anyone tell me why appraisal port is so popular and commonly used? Why don't the lenders just use an AMC or contact the appraisers directly? What is the advantage of them going through appraisal port?

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Jordan, there is no advantage to the appraiser, in fact it is a slap in the face. For the clients benefits, they could tell you better, I guess it cuts down on management at their end and of course Appraisal Port can mine our data, that is always a plus.m2:

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
6 Dollars a pop for each report..

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
The biggest advantage for the client is a single method for communicating with all appraisers that easily documents each step of the process and communicates clearly. AMCs are expensive compared to dealing directly with appraisers as they do with appraisal port. Contacting appraisers though phone or fax is very difficult to track. Appraisal Port is generally a good thing, IMHO.

AI Ready format, which can be sent through Appraisal Port instead of a PDF, is not a good thing, IMHO. It distorts the report. I don't mind sending a data file with the report that allows easier entry of the data in the report, but I only do reports as PDF files.

Greg, I never worry about the $6 a pop for delivery, I charge $12 a pop more for Appraisal Port orders.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
They data mine your reports and sell them back to you for $125.00 per month. Check out Collateral Data at the FNC website. Totally worthless at my location. I looked up one address, it gave me four different legals and four different owners, all of which were wrong. What a waste.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Same here CP, I only send them PDF's. I hope that cuts back on the data mining, but not sure. If I remember correctly, you use Clickforms which I also use. At first I tried the AI ready format, but many exhibit pages would not convert, so I refused to use it.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
They don't seem to mind the PDFs
CP... any static from FNC on the "locked" appraisals??

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
They don't seem to mind the PDFs
CP... any static from FNC on the "locked" appraisals??
I've never had a complaint about them. :new_smile-l:

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
They can crack a locked PDF like a peanut. Data mining is one of their big sales pitches to the lenders to use them. They just got through putting together a data base for Landsafe. Supposedly L/S is moving from data mining Lighthouse to AI ready Appraisal Port which is totally dedicated to data mining.

These people are not your friends.

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
Our own appraisal port?

Has anyone thought of creating our own "appraisal port"? One that would compete with the FNC appraisal port to prevent these type of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks