• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Put up or SHUT up folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
If you don't Vote, don't gripe about the state of the Union -

There is a thread posted in the USPAP forum which has received a whole 7 posts... one of which was a query as to whether it was worth the time to respond, two were very well-informed sources, strongly encouraging participation. Given the number of gripes about USPAP and the ASB, seems to me that you all need to take a moment and answer the seven questions posed. The last question was pretty open: ...anything else you'd like to comment on?

Seems like ALL ASB registered appraisers should have gotten a copy of this in their email in-box. Didja read and respond or didja just hit the ol' delete button?
Link here:
Here's YOUR opportunity to comment

Spend a few moments, and give them some thoughtful honest feedback folks.

or.... Quitcha *****in'.:angry:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I sent it to my peers, and demanded that they send it to 10 of their peers ala the chain e-mail "forward or die" policy. Just glad I got it first.:)

I will be responding personally, since they asked.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Don't assume that a lack of responses to a thread means a lack of interest.

TC

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I received an email directly from TAF with the invitation to comment. I am going to respond to it.

If submitting written comments, we hope to have your comments by February 25, 2008, so that we can consider them at, and in advance, of our

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
If submitting written comments, we hope to have your comments by February 25, 2008, so that we can consider them at, and in advance, of our Los Angeles meeting. You may submit written comments by mail, e-mail or facsimile.

Mail: ASB/AQB ‘2008’ Invitation to Comment

c/o The Appraisal Foundation

1155 15th Street, NW, Suite 1111

Washington, DC 20005

E-mail: [email protected]

Facsimile: (202) 347-7727

Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact The Appraisal Foundation at (202) 347-7722.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
If you don't Vote, don't gripe about the state of the Union -

There is a thread posted in the USPAP forum which has received a whole 7 posts... one of which was a query as to whether it was worth the time to respond, two were very well-informed sources, strongly encouraging participation. Given the number of gripes about USPAP and the ASB, seems to me that you all need to take a moment and answer the seven questions posed. The last question was pretty open: ...anything else you'd like to comment on?

Seems like ALL ASB registered appraisers should have gotten a copy of this in their email in-box. Didja read and respond or didja just hit the ol' delete button?
Link here:

Just to make you happy, as I love making mods happy, i posted a little nugget o wisdom for them here on the forum, but most of us have an email in our boxes to respond to. I plan to give the bulk of my feedback there.

But hun, when you say JUMP, I say how high and how long before I can come down.:new_silly:

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Larry,

Where are you? Low Country? mid-state?

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware

Link here:

Amazingly enough, since I pay for 3 different states, I've gotten exactly Zero ( 0, none, nada) emails directly from ASB.
Odd, queer, and most peculiar.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
I'm composing my response and will send it directly to the ASB.

Once I've clarified my thoughts, I will share them in the thread you mentioned.

I agree this is extremely important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks