• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

PVT 2-4 Family FORM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshmontro

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Ok, believe it or not, this is the 1st pvt appraisal on a 2-4 family since the new forms came out. What form do you use? If the old 2-4 is used there are an additional 3 listing comps. By leaving these blank and commenting why in scope will make the report just look "unfinished". The AI or GPAR are for single family. The new 2-4 is for lending. What's an appraiser to do?

Any input would be greatly appriciated. Bill B.

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Why not write it as a small narrative? Much easier for the reader and they don't question every adjustment.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Clickforms has non lender versions of all the fannielooking forms.

You could use the new 1025 fannie form but replace pages 4,5,6 with your own certs and assumptions.

You could use the old fannieform and put in the listing comps.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
You could use the really old 2-page apartment form. It was supposedly designed for 2-12 units. You won't do much more augmentation on that than you will when using a Fannie form.

Whatever you do, write up a different set of limiting conditions, assumptions and Appraiser's Certification. You can start off with what the Fannie forms say and then make changes from there. Say what you mean to say and don't say what you don't mean to say. It's amazing how much less damage control you need to do when you use something that doesn't have the damage to begin with.

boshmontro

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the input. I guess I will bite the bullet & do it on the old 2-4 & put in the listings. I wish 20 years ago I would have at least considered commercial appraising. Not as cyclical I wish I had a better understanding of the nuts & bolts (templates) of a narrative. Never did one. I know it's not difficult, but I wouldn't know how to compile one. To late for General Cert but if anyone knows where I could look up a simple narrative format to use as a template in the future, I would appriciate it. I'm sure I would only use it a handfull of times during the rest of my career.

Thanks, Bill B.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
What software package do you normally use?

KenRossman

Professional Status
State
Florida
SFREP aka Appraise-it aka Residential Appraiser also has a multi-purpose/non-lender version of the 3/05 SRIP-1025 - we use it quite a bit

Tucson Appraisals

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Narrative

I would also suggestion a Narrative, its the most accurate and it is the most convincing argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks