• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

QC data requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Client requests data used in a report to be sent in. I am assuming the MLS sheets. I thought this data was for the use of its PAYING members only and should not be shared. Would this be a local MLS rule or should I give them what they request? :shrug:

Thanks.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Given the extreme amount of fraud out there, I'm not surprised. Reviewers are routinely requested to attach copies of the MLS data sheets. This is a check against the reviewer as well as the appraiser. Yes, there's problems on both sides.

You have to decide if your MLS rules allow this and make a business decision. You refuse, the client will simply go to another appraiser who will decide that the rules allow the providing of the MLS sheets.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
My MLS has different level of information which can be shared.

I'm usually reluctant to share that data with them because my reports data may be different depending on the results of my verification of the sale. This is especially true of comparable size and the breakdown of the size between above and below grade areas. Often I will have to blend data, county for above grade and MLS for basement finish, to accurately define a comparable sale. Besides I pay more than $2,000 a year for my data access and don't feel like giving it away for free.

DonRico

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Sounds like the reviewer lacks Geographic Competence in your area.

I would expect, at minumum, that the review desk has access to data in the area they are reviewing. You're located in Central PA. You have a reviewer located in, oh...I don't know....****shoe, Oklahoma? Rahupal, India?

What are the chances that the review will make valid judgements about your market area??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks