• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question about location

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey heydt

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Pennsylvania
A friend of mine owns a property along a main street in a small town. Located across the street from him is a convenience story with gas pumps. He is about to go for an FHA refinance on this property. I have heard both that because the gas pumps/tanks are within 300 feet of his property that this property will not pass and I've also been told that it would need to be noted but it is not reason for reject. Any opinions on this here would be appreciated. :)

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
It's FHA's call. They used to not accept any property that was within 300' of most anything. Also, is the property zoned Res or commercial?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Question

Are properties located next to gas stations eligible for insurance?http://FAQ.FHA.gov/rnt/rnw/img/trnsp.gif

Answer

Properties located near gas stations are eligible for FHA insurance. The lender is required to provide a written disclosure to the borrower if the property is located within 300 feet of a gas station.

If the property is within 300 feet of any stationary, above ground storage tank(s) containing more than 1,000 gallons of flammable or explosive material, the property is ineligible.

DISCLAIMER: All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Source:
http://FAQ.FHA.gov/cgi-bin/answers_...1=20&cat_lvl2=0&p_search_text=&p_new_search=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks