• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question concerning CE in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Shoven

Sophomore Member
Hi everyone,

I’m hoping that Pam, Frank, Wally, Judy, or any of the other Florida appraisers might be able to answer this question for me. I’ve read through Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board Chapter 61J1 and was not able to decisively answer this question.

I checked DBPR online for the status of my Registered Assistant application. It shows that it has been approved. Being that I do not yet have a supervisor the license status is “Current/Inactive”. I understand that once I find a supervisor I only need to fill out a change of status to become active. My question is this; I have signed up for several CE courses in February. Will I receive credit for these courses with a status of Current/Inactive?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Michelle

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
You dont need CE yet. Wait untill 2004 then you may want to take AB2 and AB2B towards getting certified then you will only need the 7hrs USPAP of the CE classes.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm going to come at this question from a different direction.

Take any and all classes you can in order to learn. It is very likely that the classes you take prior to having an active license will also count toward your necessary CE.

The number of CE credits I have is not an issue at all since I have been and will continue to take courses that I want to take to learn. Some are credited for CE and some are not. This past cycle I think I must have had at least twice the necessary CE hours.

So Michelle, take what you want in order to learn; the necessary CE hours will usually take care of themselves. Do keep track of what you've taken and if it does count. I believe all accredited CE courses must now file that you've taken the course and passed with the state so the state will know anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks