• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question for other trainees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAIorBust

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
Just curious to know what fee split other trainees are making and will make...I started out at 24% before I got my trainee liscense as a "researcher". Now I am up to 30% in my final 20 months as a trainee. I have been told I will move to 40% after I get my general. I have no health benefits nor retirement plan. Right now I only care about getting my education but there will be a time where I will make a stink about my pay....What about you?

I am a commercial trainee in south Mississippi.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
State
New York
IMHO, 40% is not enough for a general-certified appraiser with no benefits. I say a minimum split of 50/50.

Greenback

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Louisiana
With Residential, I started out at 40% and lasted for three reports. After that, I started earning 50%. Now, not even half way way through my eperience credits, I get 65% and sometimes 100%. I pay for my supervisor to meet me at the property and walk through it, observe measurement, and review / sign the report. I do all the work (100%).

I don't pay attention to what percentage I get with commercial and right of way. I don't care what percentage I get to tell you the truth. I just care about my experience and getting my points. I get paid what I need from those reports, whether it is an electric bill or something like that. Sometimes its this much and that much.

I try to keep my mind off of money because its not as mportant to me being a Trainee. It's in the top 5 or 3 for sure, though. I would prefer to use my time thinking about other things and then worry about the money.

I tell my supervisor to pay me what he thinks I'm worth when it comes commercial and right of way. I have no idea what percentage I earn. I stay poor and I really don't care (I'm not being mean). It's not like I'm ever going to have benefits and social security and that good stuff, anyway. I'm going to be monetarily poor for a very long time and I've accepted that.

I come from a place where you get paid by how much you do and how well you do it. I trust that.

I'm a hybrid Trainee: Residential, Commercial, and Right of way.

Sincerely,

wickedness1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
I am a commercial trainee in south Mississippi.

Most of us would LOVE to earn commerical training hours regardless of the split!

I would actually work for free to get commercial hours, so if your getting paid for them then you should thank your lucky stars!:shrug:

hal380

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
This is how I have paid

Hello; I am certified general. I have one certified res working with me and this is the way he came along.

35% at start - when I had to accompany him on inspections
40% when he could do it alone
50% when his reports were 98% good - few corrections
65% when he got certified. Now he handles all the stips etc. pays his own E&O.

On commercial work I pay him $50/hr for research and he gets to sign the report and log hrs.

Regards

Hal

DaveH

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Most of us would LOVE to earn commerical training hours regardless of the split!

I would actually work for free to get commercial hours, so if your getting paid for them then you should thank your lucky stars!:shrug:

Tell me about it wicked...........Love to just find one down here in the Cincinnati/Dayton area willing to train......

Dave

RitaB

Professional Status
General Public
State
California
I would work commercial for free too...it just wouldn't be full time-need to make a living too-single parent.

borderman27

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
South Carolina
I'm on a 50/50 split for commercial and residential work. Once certified hopefully 70/30.

JeffBDemented

Freshman Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
35% for as long as i've been a trainee. 50% after I become licensed (which hopefully should be soon).

camcisneros

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Utah
be greatful i got 17% when i was trainee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks