• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question for snow skiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Alright, we are going skiing in Feb and I'm looking online for gear. I've got a question and the help line people I've talked to are clueless so I'm going to the forum.

My question is: Do ski pants take into account that you are going to wear a layer underneath when sizing? Or should you order up? This is driving me nuts because both my husband and I fall between the standard size breaks. Grrrr.

Solution is simple for me - drop a few pounds and get the smaller size (I've got plenty to drop). Hubby is at ideal weight - no dropping pounds for him ([email protected][email protected]*d - I've tried for 16 years to fatten him up so we match and it just does not happen).

So, buy bigger or buy true sizes?

Rice Brewer

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Ski pants, bibs and all-in-ones are cut larger than normal due to 1) the assumed layering that you are going to be doing and, more importantly, 2) the amount of picking yourself up from the cold hard ground that is going to occur.

Have a GREAT trip!

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks Rice!

I agreed to try snowboarding so I bet there will be a lot of the picking myself up part! :D

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Just wear a pair of jeans and a pair of gators...that is the way we used to ski....LOL
That was before the high fashion era of skiing.
Where are you going?

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Just wear a pair of jeans and a pair of gators...that is the way we used to ski....LOL
That was before the high fashion era of skiing.
Where are you going?

LOL Jeans and gaiters were what I wore 20 years ago in high school. :D Froze my behind off in Upstate NY.

We are going to Vermont - Smuggler's Notch. A friend was nice enough to loan us his condo for a week. We had originally planed on going West, but you can't beat a free place to stay. It's going to be 9 clueless and frozen Floridians! Woo! Hoo!

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Re ; Not afraid of the snow

Alright, we are going skiing in Feb and I'm looking online for gear.

Grrrr.

Solution is simple for me - drop a few pounds and get the smaller size (I've got plenty to drop). Hubby is at ideal weight - no dropping pounds for him ([email protected][email protected]*d - I've tried for 16 years to fatten him up so we match and it just does not happen).
============================
I need to lose a few pounds also;
but dont want to over do that.Little bit of extra fat helps keep you warm;
protection from wind,Wendy,LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks