• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question on the 1004 form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
Near the bottom of page 1 is the clause, " are there any physical deficiencies or adverse conditions that affect the livability, soundness or structural integrity of the property". This area of the form requires the checking of the yes no box. This obviously was put into the most recent form as a simple FNMA guideline check meeting the old "safe, sound and sanitary rule that we used for years.

Here is the situation. I am working on a new construction. The appraisal assignment is "as-is". There is a fair amount of uncompleted work on the interior. On the exterior siding and soffits on the dwelling are complete, however a large covered roof area over the deck is neither soffited or painted; hence bare wood. NO COE are required in this area.

The owner/builder/borrower live in the home with the family. they have functioning and finished kitchen, 2 finished and functional bathrooms.

Is this a yes or a no? I am thinking a yes is a no loan as a result of the checked box regardless of the language in the report. So it is a significant issue.

I am discussing the unfinished items in the body of the report. I am applying an across the board adjustment in the market approach for curable physical depreciation and in the cost approach. (The market adjustment is $ 30K--60 man/days plus material)

Weigh in and share what do think on this?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Chris White

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
That box means to me ...is it livable etc....no major structural problems, mechanical problems etc....I would say no and then explain the unfinsihed portions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks