• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Mountain

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Im a licensed appraiser and I am in the process of applying for my certification. I have the hours of experience but I have not assisted on a Multi Family yet. Does anyone know if the state accepts sample appraisals to satisfy the multi family requirements????

Thanks

Apex Mike

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Im a licensed appraiser and I am in the process of applying for my certification. I have the hours of experience but I have not assisted on a Multi Family yet. Does anyone know if the state accepts sample appraisals to satisfy the multi family requirements????

I have received my best responses from the Board of Appraisal by emailing them. You could try asking them this question. Also, you might want to give some thought about being ready for Certification if you have never done a Multi-Family before. You might need some more experience, even if you meet all the other requirements. Just food for thought. Good luck.

The Sheriff

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Or you just never accept the assignment when it comes over after getting certified. Multi-families are typically more trouble than what they are worth digging into. And if you do them for an AMC, expect fees in the low $300's.

Good luck... haven't seen a multi-family in about 15 months... and really hope I never see one again. With current cap rates, investors are shying away from them as well unless they are big time winners.

Red Mountain

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
"Or you just never accept the assignment when it comes over after getting certified. Multi-families are typically more trouble than what they are worth digging into. And if you do them for an AMC, expect fees in the low $300's."

The problem is I cant get my certification without having assisted on two mult family properties. I cant get my FHA approval without my certification. I would be happy being a licensed appraiser if it was going to be worth ANYTHING in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks