• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Quote Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wyrick

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I have noted that many reponders are able to select a section of someones post and enclose it in a box to respond to as a reference. How is this done I have not found the answer and would like to know.

Thank you, this is very good format and forum.

Steve Wyrick

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Steve Wyrick
I have noted that many reponders are able to select a section of someones post and enclose it in a box to respond to as a reference. How is this done I have not found the answer and would like to know.
Like this??? :p

Two ways.....
The easiest way: Highlight the section you want to quote in the post, hit the quote button in the upper right, and it will take you to the “add reply” box with the quote ready.

The other is to copy the section to be quoted. Click on "Add Reply" and past the section to be quoted, highlight it, hit the Quote button, then type your comments.

Steve Wyrick

Professional Status
State
California
M Leggett

The other is to copy the section to be quoted. Click on "Add Reply" and past the section to be quoted, highlight it, hit the Quote button, then type your comments.

Tried both ways could not get first to work, it would go to reply but no quote. Second way works just fine.

Thanks for the assistance I am not a great techie.

:allcolors: :allcolors:

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Steve,

All you do is when you want to reply to a message hit the "quote" button and the entire message will be quoted. If you want to leave out some of the message then edit some of it out. There is a separate box showing the quoted message.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Tried both ways could not get first to work, it would go to reply but no quote. Second way works just fine.
There is always more than one way to skin a cat. Happy posting to ya. B)

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Steve:

Scroll down a bit on your screen: as Wayne said the quote box shows up below...

IF you want it above:
Hit the "Preview" Button which will bring it up into the main box,
where you can see it when you type your response..

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Originally posted by Wayne McKerley@Aug 29 2003, 05:13 AM
Steve,

All you do is when you want to reply to a message hit the "quote" button and the entire message will be quoted.
I've never tried this. Let's see how it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks