• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Rate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
North Carolina
I am not an appraiser but do have a rate-related questions for you pros out there. I own a home in north-central Franklin County that's roughly 2,800 sq. feet and sits on just under an acre of land. Approximately 1,380 s.f. of the home was built circa 1810 and contains very unusual, high quality and well-maintained woodwork - the remainder of the square footage was added in or after the 1950's. I'm not in a downtown area, but am about 4 miles outside of the county seat.
Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for a good re-fi appraisal by someone who's got experience and CE related to historic residential appraisals?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I'm not too far from you (Epsom) and I would charge in the $750 range.

Dreamer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
North Carolina
Thanks for the info. And you have the experience I asked about and would provide the appraisal on the standard Fannie Mae form (in addition to any narrative required to explain unusual features, etc.)?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I do quite few historic homes. Louisburg, Oxford, and Warrenton in particular all have quite a few, and I have done a few in Wake Forest and Hillsborough as well. Is your home on the Historic Register?

Dreamer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
North Carolina
No. High end-vinyl siding that looks identical to the original wood and is laid over the original wood prevents us from being listed which, frankly, I'm fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks