• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Re-Certs And Other Feats Of Daring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
To those of you who care to split hairs (which allow you to continue to complete recerts which have different dates than the original appraisal report to appease your clients).....continue to do so .....and pay the piper at some point.....or...... LEARN THE RULES.....and educate your clients. If they still don't get it.....FIRE THEM!

I am sure that your favorite client will not support you for the rest of your life when you loose your license, they could not give a Rat's A**!

Plain and simply put.....Learn to SAY NO!

Geeeeeeeeeeeez! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ida

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
As far as I am concerned...."there is no such thing as a re-certification of value". I know, I know, technically there is but it isn't what the client wants so I tell them NO.

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Mike,

I agree :idea:

Ida

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
The only appraisals that are not "recertifications" are those where the property was never appraised before. :lol:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I called a client who asked for a re-cert. He said, yes, they knew that, but their forms still called for recerts, so go ahead and do an update.

Roger

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
If Fannie and Freddie won't change their forms to be current with the proper language, how can we expect lenders to get it right??
The forms still have "I estimated the market value", I tell them that I give an "opinion", they say what ever.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks