• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Re:data

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBuck

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Guys-I need help advice for reliable data sources similar to MLS which provide accurate details of features of a home..This is perhaps a localized question for NY guys what they use(perhaps some data used is only provided here or applies in NY) Thanks alot!!

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
What part of New York?

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
Westchester has has a dedicated MLS.
Da Bronx: A small part of the northern Bronx is covered by the Westchester MLS. The rest has no dedicated MLS. Information services like Comps Inc or Geo Data has assessment info and pictures sometimes. Web sites like Street Easy and Property Shark have some hit and miss info. They are set up for buyers, so doing research can be tedious.
Manhattan: No dedicated MLS, so Comps Inc or Geo Data for sale and assessment info, while using Streeteasy and Property Shark for additional info.
Staten Island: Has a dedicated MLS with Comps Inc and Geo Data. Streeteasy and Property Shark have a small presence.
Brooklyn: A very small area of south Brooklyn has area dedicated MLS, but most just has Comps inc,Geo, Streeteasy are Property Shark
Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk: They have a dedicated MLS with the other services mentioned. Except the East End of Long Island which relies on Streeteasy, or a Web site known as HREO. Once again set up for buyers looking, not appraisal research.

DanBuck

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Westchester has has a dedicated MLS.
Da Bronx: A small part of the northern Bronx is covered by the Westchester MLS. The rest has no dedicated MLS. Information services like Comps Inc or Geo Data has assessment info and pictures sometimes. Web sites like Street Easy and Property Shark have some hit and miss info. They are set up for buyers, so doing research can be tedious.
Manhattan: No dedicated MLS, so Comps Inc or Geo Data for sale and assessment info, while using Streeteasy and Property Shark for additional info.
Staten Island: Has a dedicated MLS with Comps Inc and Geo Data. Streeteasy and Property Shark have a small presence.
Brooklyn: A very small area of south Brooklyn has area dedicated MLS, but most just has Comps inc,Geo, Streeteasy are Property Shark
Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk: They have a dedicated MLS with the other services mentioned. Except the East End of Long Island which relies on Streeteasy, or a Web site known as HREO. Once again set up for buyers looking, not appraisal research.

Nice thanks for that rundown. I havent used comps,inc. in a while but if i remember correctly it does not give correct room count or at least reliable for that. Does geodata give u that? (including similar features)Thanks

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
No, they are just info services. What are you looking at and maybe I could help you find the best source.

DanBuck

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Well exactly that. Some reliable site for bedroom count and things like that. i know sometimes youll find that on alternative sites like realty.com and streeteasy but am looking for something like MLS..

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
Is this for a single property 9r do you need to set up to do a lot of business?

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
There aren't any services in one spot that cover them all
It is often like a puzzle, fitting in pieces of information from several different services. Each has its own idiosyncrasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks