• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Re:data

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBuck

Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
There aren't any services in one spot that cover them all
It is often like a puzzle, fitting in pieces of information from several different services. Each has its own idiosyncrasies.
Yeah thats what ive done until now-but theres gotta be a better way

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Nassau & Suffolk use flex MLS. I have not been working Long Island in a few years but many brokers list every home as mint no matter what condition it is. Now interior photos help. A word of caution, Before the housing collapse I did a lot of work in Brentwood & Central Islip. Prices kept soaring and there were a few brokers who started posting phony listings and/or incorrect sale prices to provide us with comps. It took weeks to months to get recorded and once we figured out what they were doing we did not use any sale that was not on Comps Inc which comes directly from the town records. I doubt that is happening now but it was crazy and these brokers got irate when we said we could no longer use any sales they listed as closed on the MLS without it also being confirmed on Comps Inc.....Correction Long Island uses Stratus MLS.

Last edited:

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
If you find it, let me know. I have completed appraisals in all five bouroughs, Westchester, Nassau, and Suffolk. Other than Westchester, Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk with decent MLS's, it is a struggle to get any kind of consistent data.

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
Nassau & Suffolk use flex MLS. I have not been working Long Island in a few years but many brokers list every home as mint no matter what condition it is. Now interior photos help. A word of caution, Before the housing collapse I did a lot of work in Brentwood & Central Islip. Prices kept soaring and there were a few brokers who started posted phony listings and/or incorrect sale prices to provide us with comps. It took weeks to months to get recorded and once we figured out what they were doing we did not use any sale that was not on Comps Inc which comes directly from the town records. I doubt that is happening now but it was crazy and these brokers got irate when we said we could no longer use any sales they listed as closed on the MLS without it also being confirmed on Comps Inc.
Hasn't been Flex for a while. It is Stratus, the Core logic MLS.

Around what time frame was the problems in CI and Brentwood. Things were interesting from Brooklyn to Montauk back in the years before the run up in 2007 and 2008. Things have calmed down since then, but all info has to be verified. Some brokers are worse than others and then there a couple of good ones in there also.

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
http://www.nystatemls.com/

poster note: not an endorsement or opinion.

MAY or may not have specific local data in your desired markets. MAY be worth a look see.
That has been showing a presence in the boroughs. I asked a Brooklyn broker why he used it. He said it is a lot cheaper than the Long Island or Brooklyn MLS. He also said it did not have the coverage of the other two.

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
Hasn't been Flex for a while. It is Stratus, the Core logic MLS.

Around what time frame was the problems in CI and Brentwood. Things were interesting from Brooklyn to Montauk back in the years before the run up in 2007 and 2008. Things have calmed down since then, but all info has to be verified. Some brokers are worse than others and then there a couple of good ones in there also.
You are right. I just woke up and thought oh boy, I confused the old with the new. It is Stratus. I think it was around 2007-2008 when this stuff was happening with the brokers in those areas. Just a few who I guess did not realize we would figure it out.

Last edited:

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
HGAR and LIBOR Prepare Groundwork for Creating a New Multiple Listing Service to Serve the New York Metro Area
February 2,2018
WHITE PLAINS-The leaderships of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors and the Long Island Board of Realtors, the two largest Realtor organizations in New York State, announced on Feb. 1 that the two Realtor groups are in negotiations to create a regional multiple listing service that would service approximately 36,000 subscribers

The combined MLS would include the current Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc. (MLSLI), which is a computerized network of more than 2,300 cooperating real estate offices (MLSLI.com), located across the counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Queens and Brooklyn. MLSLI is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Long Island Board of Realtors, Inc. of West Babylon. LIBOR is a not-for-profit trade association consisting of 25,000 real estate professionals working in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens and Brooklyn.

The Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. is a subsidiary of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors, Inc. of White Plains and services Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange counties. HGAR is a not-for-profit trade association consisting of approximately 11,000 real estate professionals doing business in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange counties, as well as the Bronx and Manhattan. In January 2017 HGAR established a Manhattan Chapter.

.. READ MORE

DanBuck

Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
HGAR and LIBOR Prepare Groundwork for Creating a New Multiple Listing Service to Serve the New York Metro Area
February 2,2018
WHITE PLAINS-The leaderships of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors and the Long Island Board of Realtors, the two largest Realtor organizations in New York State, announced on Feb. 1 that the two Realtor groups are in negotiations to create a regional multiple listing service that would service approximately 36,000 subscribers

The combined MLS would include the current Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc. (MLSLI), which is a computerized network of more than 2,300 cooperating real estate offices (MLSLI.com), located across the counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Queens and Brooklyn. MLSLI is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Long Island Board of Realtors, Inc. of West Babylon. LIBOR is a not-for-profit trade association consisting of 25,000 real estate professionals working in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens and Brooklyn.

The Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. is a subsidiary of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors, Inc. of White Plains and services Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange counties. HGAR is a not-for-profit trade association consisting of approximately 11,000 real estate professionals doing business in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange counties, as well as the Bronx and Manhattan. In January 2017 HGAR established a Manhattan Chapter.

.. READ MORE
Great post.im sure this will be helpful to alot of us here..

HF Mudd

Professional Status
State
New York
www.streeteasy.com has a lot of information in the boros. Particularly useful for condos and co-ops. Bonus - it's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks