• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Re-installed ACI Now Apex Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Niumata

Freshman Member
And before you ask, No - I currently do not pay for support at ACI.

I have not paid the fees because I am currently testing winTotal because of all the problems I have had with ACI (even though I like it)

I had some problems with ACI after having some network and virus problems, after all problems were fixed ACI had many little problems. I re-installed ACI and all the problems were fixed , but now I could not access APEX.

On another machine that had similar network and virus problems, ACI does not work, it will open up but when attempting to open a file it crashes and closes. Re-installing does not change the problem.

If anyone has any real advice I would appreciate it.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Is WinTotal on the same computer as ACI? You are probably having a version conflict with Apex. I had a similar problem back in Jan. where ACI would not launch the sketch program because it had Apex IV version 1.38 and Wintotal was using Apex IV version 2.0 and the WinTotal license would cancel the other.

John Niumata

Freshman Member
tx Sean

both computers had Apex licenses before the problems.

I also have made an update from ACI's download page.

I installed the Text control update on the computer that ACI always crashes and it fixed the problem of crashing, but Apex does not work on that computer either.
When I try to start Apex from ACI it just says could not connect to Apex.

If I open Apex on its own it works fine, I just don't know how to get info from apex to ACI automatically when I open it this way and I do not want to do sketches separately and paste them as images as this takes a long time.

John Niumata

Freshman Member
Claude

Yes , WinTotal client is installed on one of the computers.

do you remember what you did to fix the problem? Uninstall wintotal I am guessing.

or perhaps uninstall apex 2.0 ??

Claude From NY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
John,

I did not have to remove Wintotal or ACI. Honestly, I don't remember exactly what I did. I wound up disabling one of the Apex versions without actually deleting it. I believe Apex said that you can't have two different versions on the same drive.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
John:

Try an end run to get you through the day: but leave a message for sales in a bright and happy voice and don't tell them WHY you wanna talk to them :twisted: unlock codes CAN be gotten at fater from them than tech support.

Will have to check with hubby~ but as I dimly recall: when we had both programs running we had to install them on seperate drives AND get the APEX unlock code from ACI sales to get it all running...

We were APEX customers long before ACI and did not orginally purchase APEX through ACI. PRoblems abounded for years and finally got the seperaste Apex license through ACI just to resolve the 'issues' :angry:

Last suggestion: are you attempting to acces apex through the button on the bar? At one point I could get at it through Tools, arther than the icon button, and then for a while only through the icon and not off of tools! :confused:

John Niumata

Freshman Member
the tool bar button does not work for me.

opening apex from an icon works , but of course I lose the benifit of having apex integrate to ACI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks