• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Real Estate Appraisers And Financial Turmoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

CONSUMER

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
A congressman is very interested in Small Companies pushed out by larger Corporations. This congressman is very interested in Real Estate Appraisers who are affected by the HVCC and the use of UNREGULATED AMCs and AVMs. If you are a real estate appraiser not working or you have had your business affected by a large percentage loss due to the HVCC and AMCs please send your name, state and city. I am compiling a list for the Congressmans office. Please keep it short this is not a comment letter just the facts. Many comments have already been made. That is why we are at this point. Collecting the actual data. If you would like to comment more it's ok just trying to save you from the work. A few examples are below. These are just examples I am not asking you to use the statements written. Send to [email protected]

EXAMPLE

Name
City/State
My business has dropped more than 70% since the creation of the HVCC.

EXAMPLE
Name
City/State
Clients have disappeared over the last several years due to AMCs. I have lost more than 50% of my clients to the AMCs.

EXAMPLE
Name
City/State
I have not had an appraisal order for 3 months (or) I have only had 4 appraisal orders in 3 months. I have alway had at least 3 per week.

Last edited:

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Who is the Congressman, state and district?

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
State
Florida
Yes I do not understand if this congressman is truly interested in hearing from us why was his name not used? I would tell him just have a staffer or him just read this forum site for what appraisers think.. Second AOL.com email?

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Gathering all the the paper work. Will send soon. Hope others do the same. I was given heads up on this awhile ago before it was put on as a thread. I can assure you this is legit. Just as some of us have Fancy Internet names, some in the shadows prefer the same.

Last edited:

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Sorry but I don't send to Spam" mails IF this is truely a elected official & is AFRAID to use his/her name We are in worse shape than I thought. & I know our Government has no money BUT!! a AOL Address???

CONSUMER

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
There are those that can put a damper on things like this by reacting to what is at this point a very hard worked for stage. Not have the appraisal profession at heart. So, at this point I am just going to keep it to myself until I am sure how the Congressman will proceed with the data. We have interest at this point and that is what is really important. This is the data collection stage. To see how many are affected before proceeding. So write if you want don't if you don't it's plain and simple. It just helps if you do. I mean how is it hurting to give the data? No SS#, date of birth or any imperative information. It's evidently data that is simple, short and productive information. It's fair to say that without giving more information some will be skeptical. This was thought about before the request went to print. But, at this point I have received from many many people. Thank you all who have replied. I promise you the information will be put to good use. Contact me by responding to my email with any questions. [email protected] Please keep sending the data.

Last edited:

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
....Second AOL.com email?.....

Government has no money BUT!! a AOL Address???

You folks say you want someone to take an interest in the current debacle of the industry and you are having a problem with an AOL e-mail address?

Give me a break...look a gift horse in the mouth....instead of being a detractor and criticizing why not look at it as an opportunity.

The last three attorneys I did work for had AOL e-mails.....and they paid very well. I have an AOL address, because I have used AOL for close to 20 years and it is familiar to me.

Be a solution instead of a detriment.

CGgonnabee

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
Last time I tried to send a report to an attorney, it bounced. I called and the paralegal gave me the attorney's aol address. Apparently, the fiters/firewalls etc. that they use to protect their computers and data won't let much of ANYTHING in.

I would not let the aol address be a deterrent to being pro-active.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Last time I tried to send a report to an attorney, it bounced. I called and the paralegal gave me the attorney's aol address. Apparently, the fiters/firewalls etc. that they use to protect their computers and data won't let much of ANYTHING in.

I would not let the aol address be a deterrent to being pro-active.

I have no problem with anyone using an AOL email address, but I do not think that it is unreasonable for people to know the identity of the individual to whom they are requested to send the information before they make the effort to assemble the requested information. If this Congressman does not have the cahones to take a public stand for what is right and what he believes in, then he is useless to us in any case.

Anything that is truly good for our industry can be accomplished in the full light of day and does not need to be kept behind closed doors. Too many back room deals done out of our view by people who are not known and/or who are not accountable have gotten us to place we are today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks