• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Realtors® Mce

Status
Not open for further replies.

S is for spittman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Can someone confirm that a Legal Update 2 course is required by the NAR or TREC?

I got an email this week from my local board - SABOR, telling me that they will terminate my membership on Wednesday if I don't take the course. The only class they have is tomorrow, Sunday, and on Wednesday, the same day they threaten to terminate my membership.

And why Legal Update 2, why not 1???

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
sounds like the same nonsense we just went through with the realtor ethics class. some require it; some do not. if they say they do require it then i would bet they can terminate your membership if you do not meet their requirement.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I know that the National Association of REALTORS® requires that Code of Ethics training be completed every four years. Do any classes I took fulfill this requirement?
Yes. If you've successfully completed the TREC Legal Update II or TREC Ethics courses in the past four years, you've satisfied the National Association of REALTORS® requirement. CE-exempt Texas REALTORS® may satisfy the Code of Ethics requirement through Realtor.org or by taking the TREC Legal Update II course.

How often must I take Ethics?
A REALTOR® must take the REALTOR® Code of Ethics course once every four years to satisfy the NAR requirement. The TREC Legal Update I and TREC Legal Update II courses must be taken every two years under TREC CE education status in order to renew your license. TREC Legal Update II will also satisfy NAR's requirement. Please note that the NAR Code of Ethics course will not satisfy TREC's Legal Update requirements.

https://www.texasrealestate.com/for-texas-realtors/education-faqs

S is for spittman

Professional Status
State
Texas
JTip,

Thank you so much! I was looking for the info on my local SABOR, the NAR and TREC's websites and couldn't find the answers. Didn't occur to me to look on TAR. I really don't feel like going to a class on a Sunday, so it was great to see they have an online option. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks