• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Realtors Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam strahan

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
attended a realtors meeting today. had the oppurtunity to meet the OWNER of the largest mortgage company in town. we sat for coffee and donuts. call your local realtors and attend some meetings if you can.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
A couple more to look for are "Home Builders" and "Mortgage Lenders Associations"

Pine Tree

Professional Status
State
Maine
realtor Meetings are THE best way to meet lenders .. I have attended a number of our local board meetings with more lenders than Realtors. and me the only apprasier in the room! Olay! W

Jose Miguel Guerrero

Freshman Member
Wendy:
attended a realtors meeting today

Wendy how did you get in? Did you call? Did you first sent a letter and then got invited? Are the open to the public? Are the held at a special place? Do you announce your coming?

Thank you. Sorry for to many questions, I'm trying to do some marketing research.

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida
Originally posted by Jose Miguel Guerrero@Sep 10 2004, 12:20 AM
Wendy:
attended a realtors meeting today

Wendy how did you get in? Did you call? Did you first sent a letter and then got invited? Are the open to the public? Are the held at a special place? Do you announce your coming?

Thank you. Sorry for to many questions, I'm trying to do some marketing research.
Jose,

The best way to attend is as a member. In other words, join the organization!! REALTOR membership is available to licensed and certified appraisers.

http://www.realtor.org/rodesign.nsf/pages/...tr?OpenDocument

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I met 2 lenders at my area's Chamber of Commerce meetings. Good place to network.

TC

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I'm not sure I would want to deal with the largest MB in town. They probably didn't get to be the biggest because they are just really nice people. :lol:

I say this because I met a few MBs as a result of a Chamber of Commerce meeting, sponsored by a large local mortgage office, about 2 years ago. One loan officer there bragged about how the old appraiser lost his job to the great new appraiser because the old appraiser could not find a way to make the needed value on a duplex (hint hint). You can bet the willing new appraiser hit that value. NO problema. Now Skippy, I mean the new appraiser, does work for most of the loan officers in that office.

I worked for a different loan officer in that office for a few weeks. On one sale assignment, I mentioned a huge gaping trough in the yard (new construction) caused by rain runoff. I made the appraisal subject to repair prior to closing. A drain system needed to be installed to correct the problem. Miss MB didn't like a condition on her appraisal and she dropped me like a hot potato. Allowing a snag in a mortgage broker transaction is like getting between a hungry tiger and fresh kill. <_<

If you stay in the residential mortgage business, you'd better get used to this kind of crap and expect even more of the same to come. It ain't gettin' better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks