• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Realtors Survey Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conservative in Virginia

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]A friend of mine (Realtor) puts out a newsletter monthly. Just got it with the following article. Here is the first part of article..the rest talks about track lighting, indoor outdoor carpet blah blah. What I think is interesting is my bold below. THE OLD DAYS! you know back when the lender did not assume risk as all was so unrisky I suppose!!!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]What's In, What's Out with Home Buyers in 2009?

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mark Nash, author of four real estate books, has completed his annual survey of 839 real estate agents in all fifty states in the US and the eight provinces of Canada. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]What's in, what's out with Homebuyers illuminates what's popular or what sours homebuyers in both the home purchase or sale transaction and home decor. Compiled annually from-the-trenches, it offers a spectrum of tips that cover reality of buying a home and design no-no's for home sellers and buyer must-haves. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]What's IN [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Sidelined home buyers. Family or lifestyle additions or changes made in buyers households in the last three years are forcing those waiting out the market transition to finally get off the fence and say, it's time for our family to buy the new home that suits our new needs.
Home uplifts. Not a big renovation, but some new finishes that can visually holdover stay-put home sellers. Not a gut rehab to the studs new kitchen, but new flooring, countertops and appliances.
Collaborative home pricing. The old days of home sellers configuring a homes price are out. What's new is that the seller with their agent look at closed comparables, set a price, then the buyer and their agent agree or disagree, but in the end, a mortgage lender and their appraiser will set the price, as they are assuming the most risk in the transaction.
[/FONT]

Paul Isolda

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
This guy wrote 4 real estate books? I guess it does not take much to be an author.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
but in the end, a mortgage lender and their appraiser will set the price, as they are assuming the most risk in the transaction.
Huh? Wow, anyone can get published, huh?

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Re Realtors

Helpful read;
my REALTOR did some sales comps in 3 counties, all of 2008, also helpful.

Anything else of interest,Conservative???????????;
thanks.

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
And I'll bet every time the lender and appraiser "set the price" on a deal he's involved in he cries like a baby.

This guy has to self publish.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Many things get published, but it doesn't mean they are worthy of reading.

Blueprint

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Many things get published, but it doesn't mean they are worthy of reading.

I think a big problem we have these days is so many peeps believing everything they read. How many appraisers these days are used to having a predetermined number, to supposedly "do their job". Hopefully it is not as bad as it used to be with the shrinking and more stringent market. It just seems like so many do not know how to think for themselves, appraisers and everyone else.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
People not making any money selling real estate are selling books telling other people how to buy and sell real estate. "Those who can not do, teach".

Nuff Said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks